ImageImageImage

Playoffs 2024 - R1 - G5 - Mavs vs Clippers (Wed., 10PMEST)

Moderators: Dirk, HMFFL, Mavrelous

Dirk
Global Mod
Global Mod
And1: 36,687

Playoffs 2024 - R1 - G5 - Mavs vs Clippers (Wed., 10PMEST) 

Post#1 » by Dirk » Mon Apr 29, 2024 1:25 pm

Pivotal game.

Teams that win Game 5 of a 2-2 best-of-seven playoff series go on to win the series roughly 82% of the time apparently.
60/21/10
dirkforpres
RealGM
And1: 7,848

Re: Playoffs 2024 - R1 - G5 - Mavs vs Clippers (Wed., 10PMEST) 

Post#2 » by dirkforpres » Mon Apr 29, 2024 1:31 pm

No faith in this coach, or this team if this is the version of Luka we have.

Mavs need a miracle.
FIRE JASON KIDD
Mavrelous
Forum Mod - Mavericks
Forum Mod - Mavericks
And1: 10,680

Post#3 » by Mavrelous » Mon Apr 29, 2024 1:51 pm

I will be in a resort preparing to go to the water park, if Mavs get the win, I promise to challenge my fear of heights and join the kids for a slide!
If Mavs lose, kids will get a grumpy father on the vacation, it'll be on Luka's conscience!
blicka wrote:Can't wait to see doncic on an island vs jimmy butler,paul george or kahwi leonard and those weak ass moves that work in europe getting shut down
Archx
RealGM
And1: 8,112

Post#4 » by Archx » Mon Apr 29, 2024 1:55 pm

Mavrelous wrote:I will be in a resort preparing to go to the water park, if Mavs get the win, I promise to challenge my fear of heights and join the kids for a slide!
If Mavs lose, kids will get a grumpy father on the vacation, it'll be on Luka's conscience!

Don't get your hopes up. Even Slovenian fans on forums are noticing this version of Doncic is way too fatigued. He's in a bad shape.
MassimoPayne
Sophomore
And1: 89

Post#5 » by MassimoPayne » Mon Apr 29, 2024 2:15 pm

Another most important game of the series
Dirk
Global Mod
Global Mod
And1: 36,687

Post#6 » by Dirk » Mon Apr 29, 2024 2:46 pm

Archx wrote:
Mavrelous wrote:I will be in a resort preparing to go to the water park, if Mavs get the win, I promise to challenge my fear of heights and join the kids for a slide!

Don't get your hopes up. Even Slovenian fans on forums are noticing this version of Doncic is way too fatigued. He's in a bad shape.

They must be going "OMG, ZAKAJ LUKA NE POMAGA KYRIE". "OMG, ZAKAJ JE KYRIE TAKO MIRNA IN STVARNA IN LUKA JE POVSOPISI". Nehaj govoriti hudobne stvari sodniku.
60/21/10
Archx
RealGM

Post#7 » by Archx » Mon Apr 29, 2024 2:54 pm

Dirk wrote:
Archx wrote:

They must be going "OMG, ZAKAJ LUKA NE POMAGA KYRIE". "OMG, ZAKAJ JE KYRIE TAKO MIRNA IN STVARNA IN LUKA JE POVSOPISI". Nehaj govoriti hudobne stvari sodniku.

:lol: :lol:

Appreciate at your google translate. I must say i understood around 60% of what you copied :D
Swish77
Junior
And1: 84

Post#8 » by Swish77 » Mon Apr 29, 2024 4:50 pm

Whoever wins this game wins the series. 2011 championship run Mavs were tied up at 2-2 with the Blazers they went on to win 2 straight to close out the series.
Bob8
General Manager
And1: 3,628

Post#9 » by Bob8 » Mon Apr 29, 2024 4:58 pm

Dirk wrote:
Archx wrote:

ChatGPT had perfect translations. ;)
tleikheen
Assistant Coach
And1: 1,025

Post#10 » by tleikheen » Mon Apr 29, 2024 7:56 pm

Yes this is it and JKidd is getting massively outcoached in this series. Podcasts are saying he isnt adjusting as the series goes on . JJ Redick says they are guarding Norman Powell the same way and not adjusting and that having no length at the rim while Harden keeps dropping floaters and layups over Kleber.

Ive seen Bob posting Exum's plus/minus as unplayable YET DJJ and PJ were also playing in the same defense in those 30 pt deficits. Blaming one guy is simpleton logic. Luka is running on half a tank and needs help bringing the ball up and playing more as a shooting guard alongside with Kyrie. Exum has ONLY 2 TO's in 38 minutes played ,its his shooting thats off but he isnt bricking shots he's the only Mavs player playing under a tight leash and its hurting the Mavs guards who are shouldering a big load every game.

To me Kidd is gambling his coaching future on Maxi and Green ......
Bob8
General Manager

Post#11 » by Bob8 » Mon Apr 29, 2024 8:04 pm

tleikheen wrote:Yes this is it and JKidd is getting massively outcoached in this series. Podcasts are saying he isnt adjusting as the series goes on . JJ Redick says they are guarding Norman Powell the same way and not adjusting and that having no length at the rim while Harden keeps dropping floaters and layups over Kleber.

Ive seen Bob posting Exum's plus/minus as unplayable YET DJJ and PJ were also playing in the same defense in those 30 pt deficits. Blaming one guy is simpleton logic. Luka is running on half a tank and needs help bringing the ball up and playing more as a shooting guard alongside with Kyrie. Exum has ONLY 2 TO's in 38 minutes played ,its his shooting thats off but he isnt bricking shots he's the only Mavs player playing under a tight leash and its hurting the Mavs guards who are shouldering a big load every game.

To me Kidd is gambling his coaching future on Maxi and Green ......

I'm saying that lineup where Exum replaces Luka is disastrous. Sure the whole lineup without Luka is bad but DJJ and PJ are not replacing Luka, Exum is backup Pg. So yes, Exum is unplayable as Luka's replacement. Not entirely his fault, problem is that Kyrie isn't capable to run point either.
tleikheen
Assistant Coach
And1: 1,025

Post#12 » by tleikheen » Mon Apr 29, 2024 8:22 pm

Man youre so slow ,NO ONE says Exum replaces Luka . He plays with Luka and Kyrie JUST LIKE HE did all season in bringing the ball up and getting the ball in Luka's or Kyries hand .Did you not watch the season .Luka is having troubles before our eyes and is visibly running out of gas. A 3rd ball handler is missing on the Mavs,THAT IS EVIDENT watching this series.
Bob8
General Manager

Post#13 » by Bob8 » Mon Apr 29, 2024 8:43 pm

tleikheen wrote:Man youre so slow ,NO ONE says Exum replaces Luka . He plays with Luka and Kyrie JUST LIKE HE did all season in bringing the ball up and getting the ball in Luka's or Kyries hand .Did you not watch the season .Luka is having troubles before our eyes and is visibly running out of gas. A 3rd ball handler is missing on the Mavs,THAT IS EVIDENT watching this series.

I'm talking about minutes that Luka doesn't play, minutes in which Mavs have lost both games and I have no idea what are you talking about.
ozwizard8
Assistant Coach
And1: 1,140

Post#14 » by ozwizard8 » Mon Apr 29, 2024 11:28 pm

Archx wrote:

More like injured or illness to be honest. It started from the G1. Doesnt make sense after 2 weeks of to be fatigued from first quarter of first game. Some say Mann defending good but its not that. Luka used to abuse Zubac for instance but now he cant even shake him off or get a rhytm 3pt shots
HMFFL
Global Mod
Global Mod
And1: 8,148

Post#15 » by HMFFL » Mon Apr 29, 2024 11:54 pm

We have a couple of days to figure things out but we better win.

If not, I will just be disappointed, and hope we have a productive off-season.

Sent from my SM-N975U using RealGM Forums mobile app
ChipotleWest
Analyst
And1: 3,199

Post#16 » by ChipotleWest » Tue Apr 30, 2024 12:01 am

Harden most points he's ever scored in a single quarter in the paint. Entire career.

Great job Kidd, you were the hero for the Clippers. Nothing could have stopped Dallas except your decision making.

And I'm not trying to overlook Luka, but I'm just a Mavs fan first and it should be 3-1 right now. I'm concerned about Luka, sure.
Archx
RealGM

Post#17 » by Archx » Tue Apr 30, 2024 12:09 am

ozwizard8 wrote:
Archx wrote:

More like injured or illness to be honest. It started from the G1. Doesnt make sense after 2 weeks of to be fatigued from first quarter of first game. Some say Mann defending good but its not that. Luka used to abuse Zubac for instance but now he cant even shake him off or get a rhytm 3pt shots

He looks fine in training, laughing and having fun. Heavy legs and long season caught up to him. Not being in shape means no real confidence in your body and yourself. His drives in to the paint, pump fakes, push offs, delayed layups and kick outs... He doesn't play like that when he's confident and rested. Also no real lift in his legs, we've seen this million times over and over. Dead legs = poor 3pt shooting, rested legs = good shooting.
ozwizard8
Assistant Coach
And1: 1,140

Post#18 » by ozwizard8 » Tue Apr 30, 2024 2:09 am

Archx wrote:
ozwizard8 wrote:
Archx wrote:

He looks fine in training, laughing and having fun. Heavy legs and long season caught up to him. Not being in shape means no real confidence in your body and yourself. His drives in to the paint, pump fakes, push offs, delayed layups and kick outs... He doesn't play like that when he's confident and rested. Also no real lift in his legs, we've seen this million times over and over. Dead legs = poor 3pt shooting, rested legs = good shooting.

what is the point here? laughing so he is not injured?
there are moves where you need to be more agile, there are moves that is taxing to right knee. Luka is avoiding those and Clippers are now defend him easier than earlier years.
fatigue wouldn't necessarily show in Q1 of game 1. it's more of a Lebron/AD thing we saw with the 4th quarter Lakers.
no lift in his legs since game 1 where he had like two weeks off. I mean if he had lift in G1 and no lift for last games I'd understand fatigue argument.
anyway, I told it here countless times; he should not attend national team every year. He also need to rejavanuate the way he eats and trains like Jokic did. Otherwise his career arc will be more similar to Melo than Lebron. (Luka is already better than prime Melo but longetivity wise, if you are not training enough, those injuries will catchup like Iverson-Melo etc.)
GermanFan120
Assistant Coach
And1: 1,159

Post#19 » by GermanFan120 » Tue Apr 30, 2024 4:48 am

I no longer want to make a prediction.

Whoever wins G5 wins the series. :oops:
Everyone has a right to be stupid. Some just abuse the privilege.
Bob8
General Manager

Post#20 » by Bob8 » Tue Apr 30, 2024 7:53 am

Archx wrote:
ozwizard8 wrote:
Archx wrote:

You're telling me that Luka was ok the whole season, then he had 10 days rest and suddenly his legs are dead? I could agree that he's not conditioned enough for 45 minutes, but he can't hit any 3s in first half either. If his legs are dead how could he played impressive defensive 4th Q in game 3? I would say problem about confidence is more in his head than anything else. Luka has those disastrous shooting sequences every year, unfortunately he didn't choose the right moment for that this year.

Return to Dallas Mavericks