ImageImageImage

RS 23/24 - Mavs vs Sixers (Sund., 1PMEST)

Moderators: Dirk, HMFFL, Mavrelous

Dirk
Global Mod
Global Mod
And1: 37,033

RS 23/24 - Mavs vs Sixers (Sund., 1PMEST) 

Post#1 » by Dirk » Sat Mar 2, 2024 12:21 pm

Game of the season.

60/21/10
Mavrelous
Forum Mod - Mavericks
Forum Mod - Mavericks
And1: 11,216

Re: RS 23/24 - Mavs vs Sixers (Sund., 1PMEST) 

Post#2 » by Mavrelous » Sat Mar 2, 2024 2:19 pm

Now is the time to put up or shutup, it's a long stretch of winnable games, that'll tell us who this team really is.
blicka wrote:Can't wait to see doncic on an island vs jimmy butler,paul george or kahwi leonard and those weak ass moves that work in europe getting shut down
ChipotleWest
Lead Assistant
And1: 4,126

Post#3 » by ChipotleWest » Sat Mar 2, 2024 6:23 pm

Mavrelous wrote:Now is the time to put up or shutup, it's a long stretch of winnable games, that'll tell us who this team really is.

Yeah I mean after Sixers we have Pacers and Miami who are no dogs, but we're at home if we're going to be a good team we have to beat good teams sometimes.

I guess we'll find out if Kidd is going to continue to play Maxi over Gafford against certain teams or always. I wouldn't do it at all.
GermanFan120
Assistant Coach
And1: 1,252

Post#4 » by GermanFan120 » Sun Mar 3, 2024 1:47 am

I will be happy if we have 2 wins in the next 3 games against 76ers, pacers and heat.
Everyone has a right to be stupid. Some just abuse the privilege.
Archx
RealGM
And1: 8,335

Post#5 » by Archx » Sun Mar 3, 2024 2:55 am

ChipotleWest wrote:I guess we'll find out if Kidd is going to continue to play Maxi over Gafford against certain teams or always. I wouldn't do it at all.

Since joining Mavs, Gaff has played 8 games... 2x under 10 mins, 3x under 20 mins and only 3x over 20 mins.

Games over 20 mins he had 16//17/5 blks, 10/10 and 13/7/1/1/1...

In basically limited 17 mins he's averaging 9/7/1.4blks on 65% FG while Maxi.... well, he's a joke compared to Gaff so i'm not even going to bother. His "spacing" is also comical given the fact how many times he has turned down an open shot. He's making 0.9 long range shots on 36%.
ChipotleWest
Lead Assistant

Post#6 » by ChipotleWest » Sun Mar 3, 2024 3:17 am

Archx wrote:
ChipotleWest wrote:I guess we'll find out if Kidd is going to continue to play Maxi over Gafford against certain teams or always. I wouldn't do it at all.

Since joining Mavs, Gaff has played 8 games... 2x under 10 mins, 3x under 20 mins and only 3x over 20 mins.

Games over 20 mins he had 16//17/5 blks, 10/10 and 13/7/1/1/1...

In basically limited 17 mins he's averaging 9/7/1.4blks on 65% FG while Maxi.... well, he's a joke compared to Gaff so i'm not even going to bother. His "spacing" is also comical given the fact how many times he has turned down an open shot. He's making 0.9 long range shots on 36%.

This could go on for the rest of the season and two more seasons if Kidd is still coach.

They gave Maxi a 3 year contract this past off-season, so both him and Gafford are under contract until 26-27.

If I'm Gafford I'm like "what did I do to deserve this?" he's pretty good.
Mavrelous
Forum Mod - Mavericks
Forum Mod - Mavericks

Post#7 » by Mavrelous » Sun Mar 3, 2024 6:46 am

Maxi at the 5 have been good, and you need the options of Maxi at the 5, but Maxi should't play the 5 without PJ and Luka at 3 and 4, the Maxi/THJ lineups should be eliminated.
THJ should play with Lively, a big who.can erase a lot of mistakes.
blicka wrote:Can't wait to see doncic on an island vs jimmy butler,paul george or kahwi leonard and those weak ass moves that work in europe getting shut down
41Dirk41
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,896

Post#8 » by 41Dirk41 » Sun Mar 3, 2024 9:22 am

Mavrelous wrote:Maxi at the 5 have been good, and you need the options of Maxi at the 5, but Maxi should't play the 5 without PJ and Luka at 3 and 4, the Maxi/THJ lineups should be eliminated.

Kidd played Kyrie-THJ-Green-PJ-Maxi against Horford-Porz in the end of the 3rd... An under14 coach would never have made a mistake like that.
Mavrelous
Forum Mod - Mavericks
Forum Mod - Mavericks

Post#9 » by Mavrelous » Sun Mar 3, 2024 9:38 am

41Dirk41 wrote:
Mavrelous wrote:Maxi at the 5 have been good, and you need the options of Maxi at the 5, but Maxi should't play the 5 without PJ and Luka at 3 and 4, the Maxi/THJ lineups should be eliminated.

Kidd played Kyrie-THJ-Green-PJ-Maxi against Horford-Porz in the end of the 3rd... An under14 coach would never have made a mistake like that.

Yes, that was idiotic, and Celtics destroyed the Mavs in this stretch, team's main strength post deadline is that they can match anyone with size, and Kidd chose lineup that got the Mavs into lottery last year.
On the other hand, with how the Celtics were shooting, that game was hopeless.
I wanted Kidd gone in January, the opportunity was there, time for recovery was there, but now Mavs have to ride with him, coaching change will happen in the off season, I put the odds of that at 80% now.
41Dirk41
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,896

Post#10 » by 41Dirk41 » Sun Mar 3, 2024 9:54 am

Mavrelous wrote:
41Dirk41 wrote:

Yes, that was idiotic, and Celtics destroyed the Mavs in this stretch, team's main strength post deadline is that they can match anyone with size, and Kidd chose lineup that got the Mavs into lottery last year.
I wanted Kidd gone in January, the opportunity was there, time for recovery was there, but now Mavs have to ride with him, coaching change will happen in the off season, I put the odds of that at 80% now.

Agree, after TDL no coaches will be fired and it's ok for me because probably nobody now can turn this squad in a real contender before end of the season.

I also think that Kidd it's pretty done even for Nico unless Mavs will make a huge run in the PO.
BliscoSantos
Bench Warmer
And1: 762

Post#11 » by BliscoSantos » Sun Mar 3, 2024 10:57 am

Mavrelous wrote:
41Dirk41 wrote:

I like your optimism but I doubt Kidd goes...he'll stay, rotations will stay the same(some Players will be in his doghouse,others will have a much bigger leash),there will still be no gameplan, no taking responsibility from the coach, and Mavs will once again underperform if he remains the coach
Mavrelous
Forum Mod - Mavericks
Forum Mod - Mavericks

Post#12 » by Mavrelous » Sun Mar 3, 2024 11:08 am

BliscoSantos wrote:I like your optimism but I doubt Kidd goes...he'll stay, rotations will stay the same(some Players will be in his doghouse,others will have a much bigger leash),there will still be no gameplan, no taking responsibility from the coach, and Mavs will once again underperform if he remains the coach

Kidd will be fired if the Mavs disappoint, he was a foot out of the door in January, Luka scoring 73 on the Hawks and snatching a win from the Magic despite his critical mistake bought him till the end of the season.
It'll come down to seeding, if the Mavs somehow finish top 6 seed and win a PO series, that'll buy him time, otherwise he'll be shown the door.
The 7 games win streak masked a lot of unprofessional decisions around this team from both medical and coaching staff, the new ownership will not tolerate this unless they perform.
BliscoSantos
Bench Warmer
And1: 762

Post#13 » by BliscoSantos » Sun Mar 3, 2024 11:33 am

Mavrelous wrote:
BliscoSantos wrote:I like your optimism but I doubt Kidd goes...he'll stay, rotations will stay the same(some Players will be in his doghouse,others will have a much bigger leash),there will still be no gameplan, no taking responsibility from the coach, and Mavs will once again underperform if he remains the coach

Kidd will be fired if the Mavs disappoint, he was a foot out of the door in January, Luka scoring 73 on the Hawks and snatching a win from the Magic despite his critical mistake bought him till the end of the season.
It'll come down to seeding, if the Mavs somehow finish top 6 seed and win a PO series, that'll buy him time, otherwise he'll be shown the door.
The 7 games win streak masked a lot of unprofessional decisions around this team from both medical and coaching staff, the new ownership will not tolerate this unless they perform.

Like I said,hope you're right, bit I very much doubt that...what makes you think this will happen,cause I haven't seen a single report saying that... unfourtunately he's a Mavs(player) legend,liked by the Players, and that gives him a lot of credit to burn
I think even if they faill this year the Mavs are stuck with him next season,because they'll keep on repeating the same old tune that the rosters flawed and that the new additions came during the season,they need time to gel... he'll be fired if the Mavs don't play to the standard next year,doubt this offseason
agentofatlas
Sixth Man
And1: 1,015

Post#14 » by agentofatlas » Sun Mar 3, 2024 1:44 pm

Feels like every game is a must win at this point. Kinda exciting lol.
Archx
RealGM
And1: 8,335

Post#15 » by Archx » Sun Mar 3, 2024 2:39 pm

agentofatlas wrote:Feels like every game is a must win at this point. Kinda exciting lol.

The difference between 6th and 8th spot is 1 game. Difference between 8th and 10th spot is 2 games. So you are correct, we're sprinting to the finish line now with little to no room for mistakes.
Mavrelous
Forum Mod - Mavericks
Forum Mod - Mavericks

Post#16 » by Mavrelous » Sun Mar 3, 2024 3:15 pm

Archx wrote:
agentofatlas wrote:Feels like every game is a must win at this point. Kinda exciting lol.

The difference between 6th and 8th spot is 1 game. Difference between 8th and 10th spot is 2 games. So you are correct, we're sprinting to the finish line now with little to no room for mistakes.

Same story every year...
Only year where Mavs were comfortable in the PO picture was 22, and even then they were in a close battle for 3rd which they missed by 1 game.
ChipotleWest
Lead Assistant

Post#17 » by ChipotleWest » Sun Mar 3, 2024 5:03 pm

I would argue that Luka's never had a roster worthy of a top 3 team in the West until now, but he's still got a bonehead coach playing the wrong guys.

Let's see who comes in the first substitution. If it's Maxi over Gafford for Lively then you already know Maxi is getting 20+ min and Gafford is getting 7, and we'll be dealing with this for 2 1/2 years unless Kidd is gone. The Sixers are not a team like Boston or Cleveland where you want a center who can guard the 3 over a traditional center.

We weren't beating Boston regardless but we would have beaten Cleveland IMO if Gafford and Maxi switched minutes.
ejs78
Assistant Coach
And1: 1,091

Post#18 » by ejs78 » Sun Mar 3, 2024 6:14 pm

3s early

Good to see PJ make one from the corner.

Sent from my SM-G960U using RealGM Forums mobile app
Bob8
General Manager
And1: 3,743

Post#19 » by Bob8 » Sun Mar 3, 2024 6:22 pm

It looks that they thought, they have won the game already.
ejs78
Assistant Coach
And1: 1,091

Post#20 » by ejs78 » Sun Mar 3, 2024 6:27 pm

Will you look at that Gafford checked in before Maxi.

Now let's see how the mins pan out.

Sent from my SM-G960U using RealGM Forums mobile app

Return to Dallas Mavericks