Some recent hitting trends

jumanji
Sixth Man
And1: 4

Re: Some recent hitting trends 

Post#81 » by jumanji » Thu Aug 25, 2011 7:25 pm

Gotta love the way the young guys are swinging the bat, just hope it isnt a bit of fools gold and they come out of the gate next year with the same lack of offense issues.

Gotta give credit to Jack Z and the skipper for giving the young guys a chance and not being infatuated with a few more wins to make the season look a little more bearable.
Bay_Areas_Finest
Lead Assistant
And1: 1

Post#82 » by Bay_Areas_Finest » Fri Aug 26, 2011 3:16 pm

You gotta love the potential of this team a few years down the line. You could have a starting rotation consisting of of Felix, Pineda, Hultzen, and then offensively you have Ackley, Carp, Seager, and Robinson all young and LOADED with ability and talent.

Really happy to see Seager swinging the bat well. This kid is solid.
jumanji
Sixth Man
And1: 4

Post#83 » by jumanji » Fri Aug 26, 2011 5:47 pm

Bay_Areas_Finest wrote:You gotta love the potential of this team a few years down the line. You could have a starting rotation consisting of of Felix, Pineda, Hultzen, and then offensively you have Ackley, Carp, Seager, and Robinson all young and LOADED with ability and talent.

Really happy to see Seager swinging the bat well. This kid is solid.

I'm probably as excited about this team as i've been in a half dozen years.

As for the pitching, James Paxton, who is killing in double A, may be the second best pitcher of the list you mentioned and i know that is saying something.

I'm thinking they still need 30-40 hr potential from either 1b/3b/dh or one of the outfield postions. I'm not sure that is on our roster or in the pipeline.

Return to Seattle Mariners