ImageImageImageImageImage

Official Trade Ideas Thread

Moderator: nykgeneralmanager

cmaff051
Inactive user
Inactive user
And1: 2

Post#201 » by cmaff051 » Mon Jun 11, 2007 8:51 pm

I think Dontrelle will be traded, but I do not want him pitching for the Yankees. He's not worth what the Marlins will be asking.
34Celtic
Analyst
And1: 0

Post#202 » by 34Celtic » Mon Jun 11, 2007 9:05 pm

cmaff051 wrote:I think Dontrelle will be traded, but I do not want him pitching for the Yankees. He's not worth what the Marlins will be asking.

Exactly, but he's the type of player the Braves would be looking for. To think they want one of 3 players that haven't proven themselves beyone AA is kinda crazy. They have a team that could go to the World Series right now, they just need another proven arm.
cmaff051
Inactive user
Inactive user

Post#203 » by cmaff051 » Mon Jun 11, 2007 10:24 pm

34Celtic wrote:-= original quote snipped =-

Exactly, but he's the type of player the Braves would be looking for. To think they want one of 3 players that haven't proven themselves beyone AA is kinda crazy. They have a team that could go to the World Series right now, they just need another proven arm.

I think you seriously undervalue big-time power pitching prospects like Joba Chamberlain and how much teams value those type of players, regardless of where they are in the minors.

Do you know how many teams contacted Brian Cashman in July 2006 about possibly acquiring Hughes, when Hughes was ripping AA into shreds? I would say maybe about 25 teams.

Teams value those kind of power arms.
PR07
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#204 » by PR07 » Tue Jun 12, 2007 3:12 am

Get Teixeira...I want a great 1B for the next decade.
NYKnSTILL!
Banned User
Location: In his deposition, Thomas denied any fireworks. "I'm not attracted to her, no," he said.

Post#205 » by NYKnSTILL! » Tue Jun 12, 2007 4:53 pm

PacersRule07 wrote:Get Teixeira...I want a great 1B for the next decade.

no you will wait for Miranda to come up :lol:
ReggieFULLeffect
Senior

Post#206 » by ReggieFULLeffect » Tue Jun 12, 2007 5:25 pm

no you will wait for Miranda to come up

No comparison between the two.

Also, any type of package that includes Kennedy, Tabata, or Chamberlain is a no no in my opinion. These guys have too much potential for them to be sent off to Texas even though Teix is a stud. If they want him that bad I would just wait til the offseason and throw ungodly amounts of money at him.
"It's just like the feminists. They want everything equal but when the check comes, where are they?"- George Costanza
Jitpal
General Manager

Post#207 » by Jitpal » Tue Jun 12, 2007 5:39 pm

ReggieFULLeffect wrote:
no you will wait for Miranda to come up

No comparison between the two.

Also, any type of package that includes Kennedy, Tabata, or Chamberlain is a no no in my opinion. These guys have too much potential for them to be sent off to Texas even though Teix is a stud. If they want him that bad I would just wait til the offseason and throw ungodly amounts of money at him.

I also agree with the protection of some of the upper end arms and Tabata. However, just keep in mind Teixiera is not a free agent this winter, he is a free agent after the '08 season. At which point we could most likely get him, considering we would offer him the most money and we could offer him 1B for the New York Yankees in the new stadium and sell it to him that way. I would deal for him now, I'd start with Clippard plus some second tier prospects. I wonder, is it legal to pay some more of Arod's contract? Maybe we could offer to pick up an additional 3-4 million of Arod's deal to sweeten the deal for Texas. -Jitpal
ReggieFULLeffect
Senior

Post#208 » by ReggieFULLeffect » Tue Jun 12, 2007 5:45 pm

I also agree with the protection of some of the upper end arms and Tabata. However, just keep in mind Teixiera is not a free agent this winter, he is a free agent after the '08 season. At which point we could most likely get him, considering we would offer him the most money and we could offer him 1B for the New York Yankees in the new stadium and sell it to him that way. I would deal for him now, I'd start with Clippard plus some second tier prospects. I wonder, is it legal to pay some more of Arod's contract? Maybe we could offer to pick up an additional 3-4 million of Arod's deal to sweeten the deal for Texas. -Jitpal

I would without a doubt give them Clippard, maybe a guy like Rasner or Karstens(Brett Smith), and another lower level position prospect for Teix. Also, I'm not sure if what you proposed is legal but if it is I'm down to throw that little proposition at Texas to ease some of that A-Rod money. I must admit I'm afraid to see what is going to happen with this Teix business. I DO NOT want to give up Joba, Ian, or Jose. We just can't.

"It's just like the feminists. They want everything equal but when the check comes, where are they?"- George Costanza
NYKnSTILL!
Banned User
Location: In his deposition, Thomas denied any fireworks. "I'm not attracted to her, no," he said.

Post#209 » by NYKnSTILL! » Wed Jun 13, 2007 9:20 pm

Micheal Kay on 1050 ESPN: THE YANKEES ARE NOT ENTERTAINING DEALS W/ JOSE TABATA, JOBA CHAMBERLAIN OR PHILIP HUGHES

:clap:
cmaff051
Inactive user
Inactive user

Post#210 » by cmaff051 » Wed Jun 13, 2007 11:00 pm

:clap: :clap: :clap:

Cashman is a smart smart man.
suns32
Bench Warmer

Post#211 » by suns32 » Thu Jun 14, 2007 7:47 pm

I think we need to trade Damon and get a 1B cuz he can't play in the outfield, can't hit and we can let melky take his spot.
NYKnSTILL!
Banned User

Post#212 » by NYKnSTILL! » Thu Jun 14, 2007 8:28 pm

suns32 wrote:I think we need to trade Damon and get a 1B cuz he can't play in the outfield, can't hit and we can let melky take his spot.

IDK about that yet, Damon is a good DH as a meatter of fact a more versatile DH w/ speed so lets let it play out first. Only thing I want to improve is the bullpen and possibly upgrade in the bench offense.
34Celtic
Analyst

Post#213 » by 34Celtic » Thu Jun 14, 2007 8:35 pm

We don't need to upgrade our bench offense. Really, a month ago everyone was calling for Cairo to be gone. What has he done since Dougie got hurt? Filled in just fine with solid play at the field and tough ab's. The one thing we're doing right now is not giving away outs. Even Nieves, he works counts and is tough up there at the plate. If you're a tough out 1-9 you're going to be just fine. Now our bullpen on the otherhand.....

Forget it, its too frustrating.
HCYanks wrote:Thanks for reminding me Clay Buchholz is a couple of blocks away from me, Fox. Now I have to go hide my laptop.
Jitpal
General Manager

Post#214 » by Jitpal » Thu Jun 14, 2007 8:44 pm

suns32 wrote:I think we need to trade Damon and get a 1B cuz he can't play in the outfield, can't hit and we can let melky take his spot.

Who would take Damon? He obviously can't play the OF anymore as his range is severely declined and has no arm. He does still have a bat but he doesn't have power and when he is in the field his bat suffers. So that basically means he can be a 5th outfielder/DH/bat off the bench kind of guy. Who wants to pay 20+ million for that in the next two years? His talents at this point are AL talents and he has a partial NTC so where could we move him? It would be nearly impossible to do and if we did, we would likely get nothing in return beyond salary relief, which isn't what we need. We actually do have a use for a 5th outfielder/DH/ bat off the bench kind of guy and everyone in the club house loves him(reportedly) and who bat leadoff with him gone? Jeter, Abreu and Arod are set. Cano, Giambi, Doug, Phelps, Cairo, Nieves and the rest are not leadoff hitters. Perhaps you could put Melky in there sometimes but not on a daily basis for leadoff. Right now he is a 6-7 hitter in most lineups but an 8-9 hitter in our lineup. Trading Damon would open up too many holes and not give us much beyond money(if that) in return. -Jitpal
34Celtic
Analyst

Post#215 » by 34Celtic » Sun Jun 17, 2007 8:30 pm

Jonathan Sanchez just let up a homer to Manny :nonono:
NYKnSTILL!
Banned User

Post#216 » by NYKnSTILL! » Sun Jun 17, 2007 10:03 pm

34Celtic wrote:Jonathan Sanchez just let up a homer to Manny :nonono:

listen to your damn self he's in his 20's and it was Manny Ramirez who hit it.

Fausto Carmona ring a bell ? :noway:

J. Sanchez relieved V. Chulk
- D. Ortiz struck out swinging
- M. Ramirez homered to deep left
- K. Youkilis grounded out to second
- M. Lowell struck out swinging

can he get credit for that :evil:
34Celtic
Analyst

Post#217 » by 34Celtic » Sun Jun 17, 2007 11:33 pm

Chad Bradford
Jesus Colome
Matt Capps
Heath Bell
Jeremy Affeldt
Brandon Lyon

6 Names...Guys who all would perform better than Sanchez, and likelywould not nearly cost as much to get.
HCYanks wrote:Thanks for reminding me Clay Buchholz is a couple of blocks away from me, Fox. Now I have to go hide my laptop.
cmaff051
Inactive user
Inactive user

Post#218 » by cmaff051 » Sun Jun 17, 2007 11:59 pm

Sanchez is not going to help this team this year. He's a project.
34Celtic
Analyst

Post#219 » by 34Celtic » Mon Jun 18, 2007 12:09 am

cmaff051 wrote:Sanchez is not going to help this team this year. He's a project.

Neither is Todd Linden.
NYKnSTILL!
Banned User

Post#220 » by NYKnSTILL! » Mon Jun 18, 2007 1:21 am

34Celtic wrote:-= original quote snipped =-

Neither is Todd Linden.

you brought it up, not me this time.

Return to New York Yankees