Moderator: ijspeelman

ijspeelman
Forum Mod - Cavs
Forum Mod - Cavs
And1: 886

Re: Game 16: Raptors @ Cavs 11/26/2023 

Post#21 » by ijspeelman » Mon Nov 27, 2023 9:15 pm

JonFromVA wrote:
JujitsuFlip wrote:The CPJ stuff is largely moot because the guy was glued to the bench last night and the team isn't even at full strength yet.

On the "bright" side, he's just another Garland or Mitchell injury from being back in the rotation ... :(

I'm assuming JB vied for Thompson over Craig Porter in the line-up due to Toronto's size on defense and offense. I am hoping anyway because I assume Craig Porter will be a utility piece that is used in certain match-ups

Not defending JB, just getting in his mind lol. It would have helped to give Garland/Mitchell a little rest with some play for a back-up PG
JujitsuFlip
General Manager
And1: 5,444

Post#22 » by JujitsuFlip » Mon Nov 27, 2023 9:40 pm

JonFromVA wrote:
JujitsuFlip wrote:The CPJ stuff is largely moot because the guy was glued to the bench last night and the team isn't even at full strength yet.

On the "bright" side, he's just another Garland or Mitchell injury from being back in the rotation ... :(
Which we know one of those is bound to happen, unfortunately.
JujitsuFlip
General Manager
And1: 5,444

Post#23 » by JujitsuFlip » Mon Nov 27, 2023 10:24 pm

ijspeelman wrote:
JonFromVA wrote:

I'm assuming JB vied for Thompson over Craig Porter in the line-up due to Toronto's size on defense and offense. I am hoping anyway because I assume Craig Porter will be a utility piece that is used in certain match-ups

Not defending JB, just getting in his mind lol. It would have helped to give Garland/Mitchell a little rest with some play for a back-up PG
That is bonkers guys are vying for 7 minutes outta the 8th rotation spot, in November... There's something inherently wrong with JB's mentality.

2 or 3 guys should be vying for 7 minutes in the 11th spot, not the freaking 8th spot.
JonFromVA
RealGM
And1: 4,472

Post#24 » by JonFromVA » Mon Nov 27, 2023 11:22 pm

ijspeelman wrote:
JonFromVA wrote:

And if he'd bothered to cut down Garland's minutes in the process that might even make sense.

Return to Cleveland Cavaliers