Game 16: Lakers @ Cavs 11/25/2023 

Post#1 » by ijspeelman » Sat Nov 25, 2023 11:44 pm

Read on Twitter
JujitsuFlip
General Manager
And1: 5,412

Re: Game 15: Lakers @ Cavs 11/25/2023 

Post#2 » by JujitsuFlip » Sun Nov 26, 2023 12:12 am

Both will probably be on a minutes restriction so maybe CPJ can still see the floor tonight, especially being night 1 of a B2B.
ijspeelman
Forum Mod - Cavs
Forum Mod - Cavs
And1: 880

Post#3 » by ijspeelman » Sun Nov 26, 2023 2:18 am

Are we allowed to have both of our guards play in the same game lol?
JujitsuFlip
General Manager

Post#4 » by JujitsuFlip » Sun Nov 26, 2023 2:28 am

ijspeelman wrote:Are we allowed to have both of our guards play in the same game lol?
Nope.

Didn't Garland have a neck injury in the past too? I thought he did but i can't remember.
afarmenian
Analyst
And1: 3,508

Post#5 » by afarmenian » Sun Nov 26, 2023 2:54 am

It's joyless watching Mitchell and Garland. Hurt no defense hurt bad shots hurt again more bad shots. Turnovers chuck hurt again rinse repeat.

The Mitchell trade was a colossal bust that has yet to show any tangible benefit

Garland what can you do. Wasnt a bad draft pick but who can predict injuries

It's unfortunate that we have to be the eastern conference trailblazers now but that's our ceiling.
ijspeelman
Forum Mod - Cavs
Forum Mod - Cavs
And1: 880

Post#6 » by ijspeelman » Sun Nov 26, 2023 2:58 am

I'll admit that the Mitchell ball was hard to watch this game, but its mostly because just nothing was going down for him

The play calling around the Mitchell ball is what hurts. We were getting good looks with Porter and LeVert handling the ball, but Mitchell was struggling to enter the paint and make plays so he was relying heavily on his jumper which wasn't falling

I need Mitchell to not resort to brute force when we are down or I need someone in the coaching staff to get that to Mitchell and through him. This efficiency is not typical and how much he shot in these scenarios was not typical, but these plays need to be transferred to plays with him on the move. We've gotten LeVert going downhill and playmaking off screens and Mitchell could benefit from more plays starting like this
jbk1234
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 32,559

Post#7 » by jbk1234 » Sun Nov 26, 2023 4:07 am

ijspeelman wrote:I'll admit that the Mitchell ball was hard to watch this game, but its mostly because just nothing was going down for him

The play calling around the Mitchell ball is what hurts. We were getting good looks with Porter and LeVert handling the ball, but Mitchell was struggling to enter the paint and make plays so he was relying heavily on his jumper which wasn't falling

I need Mitchell to not resort to brute force when we are down or I need someone in the coaching staff to get that to Mitchell and through him. This efficiency is not typical and how much he shot in these scenarios was not typical, but these plays need to be transferred to plays with him on the move. We've gotten LeVert going downhill and playmaking off screens and Mitchell could benefit from more plays starting like this

Niang was okay from 3 but the rest of the team shot poorly. Too many rushed, or off-balance shots when guys had time to get squared. The Lakers had two seven footers on the floor most of the game.

Niang was overhelping with AD way too much. Honestly, he does some good things, but I feel like he's a wash in terms of net impact. Same with Okoro. They're minute eaters. Wade getting injured, again, deprives us of a different and quite useful tool.

Speaking of injuries, I think the Cavs have to make a decision on whether having Garland put bodies on guys down low is a good idea. He's not built for it.
cbosh4mvp wrote:
Jarret Allen isn’t winning you anything. Garland won’t show up in the playoffs. Mobley is a glorified dunk man. Mitchell has some experience but is a liability on defense. To me, the Cavs are a treadmill team.
JujitsuFlip
General Manager

Post#8 » by JujitsuFlip » Sun Nov 26, 2023 4:18 am

Just saw the last few possessions replayed at the bar, no way Strus can handle LeBron, idc if he's in his 21st season lol
Iwasawitness
Veteran
And1: 3,194

Post#9 » by Iwasawitness » Sun Nov 26, 2023 7:04 pm

Cavs have not had it easy with injuries. It feels like everything is working against us. But with that said… I had so much fun watching the Cavs over the last few games. I loved how we looked on both ends of the floor. Watching Garland have full control of the offense was awesome. Being able to see more traditional lineups with better defense that seemed to require less effort was a sight to behold. Porter Jr… this man out here giving us hope for the future.

I just didn’t have as much fun watching the Cavs with Mitchell. I get it: I’m not being fair with him but I don’t care. I miss the cavaliers before Mitchell and I’m tired of pretending there’s a way we can make this work with him. I want him gone and I’m not the only one.
xxSnEaKyPxx wrote:NBA: Stop kicking, punching, choking, and stomping on people.

Draymond: This is too much, I quit!
jbk1234
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 32,559

Post#10 » by jbk1234 » Sun Nov 26, 2023 11:36 pm

Iwasawitness wrote:Cavs have not had it easy with injuries. It feels like everything is working against us. But with that said… I had so much fun watching the Cavs over the last few games. I loved how we looked on both ends of the floor. Watching Garland have full control of the offense was awesome. Being able to see more traditional lineups with better defense that seemed to require less effort was a sight to behold. Porter Jr… this man out here giving us hope for the future.

I just didn’t have as much fun watching the Cavs with Mitchell. I get it: I’m not being fair with him but I don’t care. I miss the cavaliers before Mitchell and I’m tired of pretending there’s a way we can make this work with him. I want him gone and I’m not the only one.

You have to give it 20 more games.
cbosh4mvp wrote:
Jarret Allen isn’t winning you anything. Garland won’t show up in the playoffs. Mobley is a glorified dunk man. Mitchell has some experience but is a liability on defense. To me, the Cavs are a treadmill team.
Iwasawitness
Veteran
And1: 3,194

Post#11 » by Iwasawitness » Sun Nov 26, 2023 11:37 pm

jbk1234 wrote:
Iwasawitness wrote:Cavs have not had it easy with injuries. It feels like everything is working against us. But with that said… I had so much fun watching the Cavs over the last few games. I loved how we looked on both ends of the floor. Watching Garland have full control of the offense was awesome. Being able to see more traditional lineups with better defense that seemed to require less effort was a sight to behold. Porter Jr… this man out here giving us hope for the future.

I could but where’s the fun in that?
xxSnEaKyPxx wrote:NBA: Stop kicking, punching, choking, and stomping on people.

Draymond: This is too much, I quit!
JonFromVA
RealGM
And1: 4,461

Post#12 » by JonFromVA » Mon Nov 27, 2023 6:54 pm

jbk1234 wrote:

It has been working with Mitchell, but I totally get the less fun part.

Return to Cleveland Cavaliers