Game 46: Cavs @ Memphis 1/18/2023

Moderator: ijspeelman

ijspeelman
Forum Mod - Cavs
Forum Mod - Cavs
And1: 889

Re: Game 46: Cavs @ Memphis 1/18/2023 

Post#21 » by ijspeelman » Thu Jan 19, 2023 5:59 pm

JonFromVA wrote:I don't mind Isaac being picky with his shot selection, and JBB has made it clear that clanking shots when the offense could be running more clock will get you pulled unless your last name is Mitchell, Garland, or Rubio. Only Isaac's last shot was even close to being contested as Ja skied to try at least get a hand up, but he makes them seem closer because he gets his shot off very slow. Who knows how long it will take to do something about that.

Something I keep my eye on is a stat called hv or "helper value" in popcornmachine.net's game flows, it's a simple stat that adds up all the positive non-scoring box-score stuff a player does and subtracts the negative and while it doesn't account for every play Isaac defends or every screen he fights through ... it would be really helpful if Isaac was contributing more to rebounds, steals, blocks, and assists which it does track. He's up a bit this year in rebounding, steals and blocks but down in assists.

Unless Altman can pull off a miracle, we're going to need to make some compromises at the SF spot; and I feel Isaac is certainly back in the race.

Speaking of compromises, Caris had a really impactful first half and then disappeared in the second half. Would be nice if he was more consistent and a cleaner fit on the team, but that's rather the story of our bench.

The bench has just looked plain bad for a bit now. Still hoping with health and Rubio back that it swings the opposite direction.

Return to Cleveland Cavaliers