ImageImageImage

2024 Playoffs Round 1: Cavs (4) / Magic (5) (4-3)

Moderator: ijspeelman

JujitsuFlip
General Manager
And1: 5,372

Re: 2024 Playoffs Round 1: Cavs (4) / Magic (5) (3-2) 

Post#181 » by JujitsuFlip » Wed May 1, 2024 10:50 pm

ijspeelman wrote:
JujitsuFlip wrote:I want to start by saying jb is a turd.

I actually don't think you need to preface this bc its basically a signature on all of your posts lol
Hahaha fair, just call it how i see it lol
JujitsuFlip
General Manager

Post#182 » by JujitsuFlip » Wed May 1, 2024 10:52 pm

jbk1234 wrote:
JujitsuFlip wrote:
toooskies wrote:I'd have said November. His value is neutral when his shot is falling and negative when it isn't.

Morris looked like a pretty good version of himself last night, but we've seen him play good and bad (mostly bad) for the Cavs this year. Morris flashed in his first game with the Cavs and then proceeded to have a -20 on/off in the regular season. I think it's very possible that Morris looks worse in games 6 and 7.

Niang flashed enough in games 1 and 2... and not at all in games 3 and 4. (Then again, it isn't as if we played better defense against Paolo in game 5 until we switched Mobley onto him at the end.)

That's not a poor reflection on JBB, by the way-- Spoelstra shifted to Kevin Love after he flashed in one game of the Finals last year, claiming he should have switched to him sooner in the post-game... and then Love proceeded to have his weaknesses exposed in the rest of the series.
I want to start by saying jb is a turd.

Also, to your larger point, exactly when was Morris given any real run in the regular season? He played 12 games for a total of 180 minutes lol

I mean we were his third team this season and picked him up off the waiver wire after the deadline. No one should be confused about where Morris is at in terms of athleticism at this stage in his career.if his shots weren't dropping last night, it would've been very hard for him to stay on the floor.
4th team actually.

That's the point though, why did we wait until March 29th to fill our 15th roster spot? It's not like this team was full of healthy and available players all season... They were the 2nd most injured after the Grizz.

Also, disagree, Morris did a far superior job on Paolo than Okoro did. His offense was a bonus.
jbk1234
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 32,511

Post#183 » by jbk1234 » Thu May 2, 2024 12:09 am

JujitsuFlip wrote:
jbk1234 wrote:
JujitsuFlip wrote:I want to start by saying jb is a turd.

Also, to your larger point, exactly when was Morris given any real run in the regular season? He played 12 games for a total of 180 minutes lol

I mean we were his third team this season and picked him up off the waiver wire after the deadline. No one should be confused about where Morris is at in terms of athleticism at this stage in his career.if his shots weren't dropping last night, it would've been very hard for him to stay on the floor.
4th team actually.

That's the point though, why did we wait until March 29th to fill our 15th roster spot? It's not like this team was full of healthy and available players all season... They were the 2nd most injured after the Grizz.

Also, disagree, Morris did a far superior job on Paolo than Okoro did. His offense was a bonus.

Is JBB responsible for roster construction now? Did he sign Niang, trade league minimum capspace for D. Jones, sign TT (who didn't even play the prior season) to a minimum league deal, and conclude we were set in the frontcourt?

We signed Morris when we did because he got bought out after the trade deadline.
cbosh4mvp wrote:
Jarret Allen isn’t winning you anything. Garland won’t show up in the playoffs. Mobley is a glorified dunk man. Mitchell has some experience but is a liability on defense. To me, the Cavs are a treadmill team.
JujitsuFlip
General Manager

Post#184 » by JujitsuFlip » Thu May 2, 2024 12:39 am

jbk1234 wrote:
JujitsuFlip wrote:
jbk1234 wrote:
4th team actually.

Is JBB responsible for roster construction now? Did he sign Niang, trade league minimum capspace for D. Jones, sign TT (who didn't even play the prior season) to a minimum league deal, and conclude we were set in the frontcourt?

We signed Morris when we did because he got bought out after the trade deadline.
No, he's responsible for coaching and he's god awful at it lolololol
JonFromVA
RealGM
And1: 4,451

Post#185 » by JonFromVA » Fri May 3, 2024 3:20 pm

So, here we are going on the road again, but for the first time we have a chance to close out a series. Anyone care to guess the psychology of the team?

Are they going to fold after the first punch and start worrying about game 7?

Or are they going to fight for 48 minutes and do everything in their power to prevent it from going to that?

Neither of these teams has faced a game 7 before, so, no advantage there ... just our home court advantage and the Magic came close to toppling that in game 5.

IMO, the the Cavs should be treating game 6 as a "must win", but I have no idea if they actually will.
JujitsuFlip
General Manager

Post#186 » by JujitsuFlip » Fri May 3, 2024 4:46 pm

JonFromVA wrote:So, here we are going on the road again, but for the first time we have a chance to close out a series. Anyone care to guess the psychology of the team?

Or are they going to fight for 48 minutes and do everything in their power to prevent it from going to that?

Neither of these teams has faced a game 7 before, so, no advantage there ... just our home court advantage and the Magic came close to toppling that in game 5.

IMO, the the Cavs should be treating game 6 as a "must win", but I have no idea if they actually will.
I think knowing they have the comfort of game 7 + Allen probably not playing again, leads to a Cavs loss.

I hope I'm wrong though, being 1 of the last 2 first round series going on is embarrassing when looking at the bracket lol
toooskies
Analyst
And1: 1,705

Post#187 » by toooskies » Fri May 3, 2024 6:42 pm

JujitsuFlip wrote:
JonFromVA wrote:So, here we are going on the road again, but for the first time we have a chance to close out a series. Anyone care to guess the psychology of the team?

I think knowing they have the comfort of game 7 + Allen probably not playing again, leads to a Cavs loss.

I hope I'm wrong though, being 1 of the last 2 first round series going on is embarrassing when looking at the bracket lol

It's less embarrassing than being a team that was eliminated faster. LeBron, AD, KD, Booker, Beal, Butler, Bam, Giannis, Dame, Middleton, Embiid, Maxey, Zion, Ingram, Curry, Draymond, Fox, Sabonis are all in Cancun.
JonFromVA
RealGM
And1: 4,451

Post#188 » by JonFromVA » Fri May 3, 2024 6:46 pm

JujitsuFlip wrote:

I'm just hoping to see them play with a sense of urgency and put some pressure on Orlando not start packing their bags for Cleveland in the first quarter.
JujitsuFlip
General Manager

Post#189 » by JujitsuFlip » Fri May 3, 2024 7:08 pm

toooskies wrote:
JujitsuFlip wrote:

It's less embarrassing than being a team that was eliminated faster. LeBron, AD, KD, Booker, Beal, Butler, Bam, Giannis, Dame, Middleton, Embiid, Maxey, Zion, Ingram, Curry, Draymond, Fox, Sabonis are all in Cancun.
True, hopefully we don't join em in the same round.
ijspeelman
Forum Mod - Cavs
Forum Mod - Cavs
And1: 878

Post#190 » by ijspeelman » Fri May 3, 2024 7:34 pm

ijspeelman
Forum Mod - Cavs
Forum Mod - Cavs

Post#191 » by ijspeelman » Fri May 3, 2024 7:35 pm

Read on Twitter
ijspeelman
Forum Mod - Cavs
Forum Mod - Cavs

Post#192 » by ijspeelman » Fri May 3, 2024 7:44 pm

I think the Cavs best game this playoffs was last game where imo they had their backs against the wall. No Allen and lost two in a row in a disastrous way. Basically as must-win as a must-win can be without it technically being must-win. They came out with their best offensive rating of the series while fending off a hot Paolo and making good in-game adjustments

Its obviously not a given, but I like our chances after taking two punches last time in Orlando and showing back up with a punch of our own

The series doesn't start until a team wins away so lets start and end it tonight
JujitsuFlip
General Manager

Post#193 » by JujitsuFlip » Fri May 3, 2024 10:53 pm

What do ya know, Morris is starting!
JujitsuFlip
General Manager

Post#194 » by JujitsuFlip » Fri May 3, 2024 11:22 pm

Strus can't guard Franz so i like seeing him make a couple early buckets, only way he will is gonna be justifiable in that matchup.
cavs4872
Senior
And1: 257

Post#195 » by cavs4872 » Fri May 3, 2024 11:49 pm

I really wish Damian Jones would play. We cannot get a rebound.
JujitsuFlip
General Manager

Post#196 » by JujitsuFlip » Sat May 4, 2024 1:59 am

I've been waiting 2 years for Mitchell to have a playoff game like that and it comes in a loss.

Fire jb man, literally tonight, get rid of him. Mitchell scores 50 and we don't even break 100.
afarmenian
Analyst
And1: 3,507

Post#197 » by afarmenian » Sat May 4, 2024 2:13 am

This is exactly why you can't split up Allen and Mobley, they're too injury prone, and you put Mobley at the 5 immediately he wears down
Win or lose this team has some gaping gaping holes and a fundamental roster problem.The lack of size is embarrassing and teams are exposing it.
JujitsuFlip
General Manager

Post#198 » by JujitsuFlip » Sat May 4, 2024 2:30 am

afarmenian wrote:This is exactly why you can't split up Allen and Mobley, they're too injury prone, and you put Mobley at the 5 immediately he wears down
Win or lose this team has some gaping gaping holes and a fundamental roster problem.The lack of size is embarrassing and teams are exposing it.
They have for 3 post seasons in a row.

If i were Dan i would reset the process.

New front office, new coach, gut probably everyone besides Garland, Mobley, and Strus (with the idea he most likely becomes the 6th man).

I don't think there's anyone else i really want. CPJ as like a 3rd or 4th PG would be fine. If Brobley wants to return on a 2way.

Let Okoro walk. TT, Morris, Jones can all retire.

Trade LeVert, Mitchell, Allen, Niang (if you can), Merrill, and TJ.

Most likely draft the best wing that is on the board.
toooskies
Analyst
And1: 1,705

Post#199 » by toooskies » Sat May 4, 2024 3:02 am

JujitsuFlip wrote:I've been waiting 2 years for Mitchell to have a playoff game like that and it comes in a loss.

Fire jb man, literally tonight, get rid of him. Mitchell scores 50 and we don't even break 100.

You're literally the guy who pushed for and celebrated Marcus Morris getting PT. He was a zero in this one.

Mitchell scored 50 because we finally discovered that while Orlando is tall, they don't block many shots and so you can drive relentlessly on them. But they do rebound well.

So many uncalled contact fouls did not favor us.
jbk1234
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 32,511

Post#200 » by jbk1234 » Sat May 4, 2024 3:22 am

The flip side of Mitchell scoring 50 is only two other Cavs even shot the ball in the 4th quarter and we didn't get stops or rebounds.

We were up 5 heading into the 4th quarter. We've lost both playoff games where Mitchell's taken more than 35 shots. If Allen is healthy for Game 7, we're winning this series, Mitchell won't score 50, and we're rolling into Boston.*

*hopefully with a Dean Wade who isn't in street clothes.
cbosh4mvp wrote:
Jarret Allen isn’t winning you anything. Garland won’t show up in the playoffs. Mobley is a glorified dunk man. Mitchell has some experience but is a liability on defense. To me, the Cavs are a treadmill team.

Return to Cleveland Cavaliers