ImageImageImageImage

2013 Detroit Tigers roster

g-mo
Ballboy
And1: 0

2013 Detroit Tigers roster 

Post#1 » by g-mo » Sat Oct 13, 2012 10:36 pm

With the Tigers headed into the ALCS with the Yankees, I'm predicting the following changes to the team's roster for next season:

GONE (traded/released) --Boesch, Porcello, Valverde, Rayburn, Young, Coke

Starting Pitchers (5) --Verlander, Fister, Scherzer, Sanchez, Smyley
Relievers (6) --Below, Alberquerque, Dotel, Downs, Benoit, Villereal (closer)
Infielders (6) --Cabrera, Fielder, Infante, Peralta, Santiago, Worth
Outfielders (5) --Jackson, Dirks, Justin Upton, Berry, Garcia
Catchers (2) --Avila, Laird
DH (1) --Martinez

Manager--Leyland

Tigers will look at Castellanos at mid-season as reserve outfielder
ajaX82
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 85

Re: 2013 Detroit Tigers roster 

Post#2 » by ajaX82 » Sat Oct 13, 2012 11:22 pm

How exactly are we going to acquire Upton?
joseph mamah
Starter
And1: 178

Post#3 » by joseph mamah » Sat Oct 13, 2012 11:56 pm

I think AA should get a look at closer before Villareal. id like to have Upton in left but I doubt a Porcello Young trade would get him, and i dont really want to give up any of our top prospects. Micheal Bournes another guy id like to try to get if the price could be right. and regardless of whether we win the WS or not I think Leylands going to retire. his heart hasnt really seemed to be in it this year.
TSE
Banned User
And1: 9

Post#4 » by TSE » Sun Oct 14, 2012 12:39 am

Well I'm not going to post much about my roster wishes, because that would just get very complicated for a few reasons.

But the few things that stick out to me are:

-Boesch, he has no trade value now, that window was open earlier and we missed it, and to cut him now would be bad since he still has potential, so we are stuck with him now to either pan out or to develop a new trading window like the one he previously had that we made no decision on.

-Castellanos as an OF, hmm, not sure how I feel about that. That ties into my wanting to change the team in more radical ways that will never happen, but not seeing them as likely to stick him in the outfield as a reserve. It is possible I suppose.

-Berry, well he is not a professional player. He was not good this year, and he had a lifelong minor league career that never warranted him to be called up in the first place. He is so below my standards that not only is he not good enough for our roster, but not good enough to be a call-up from the minors for a shot in the dark, that's how below the Mendoza line he is for me.

Other guys I don't want to see on the roster that you have on the roster are:

Peralta
Infante
Santiago
Worth
Laird
Kelly
Martinez
Leyland (not allowed on my team without my influence; with my influence he is gold)
Dirks (still not close to making my cut, but for the real Tigers I have to keep him since I have so many that need to go before him)
Avila (possible trade if somebody will overpay us, but not assuming it, so good chance to stay)

That's a lot I want gone in addition to the guys you want gone that I also want gone! I'm not even reviewing the pitchers, since that's much more complicated and would be hard to determine who should stay until we know what we get from trades from the rest and other decisions. Plus I'm open to trading guys that aren't mentioned as goners; just depends on the situation. Highly doubtful I would find a trade I like for Cabrera or Fielder (unless the Yankees or Dodgers or somebody want to make a colossal mistake in which case I will let them and then stick Castellanos at 3B), so Austin Jackson is a strong maybe to be traded as he has high trade value. I might need him as material to get where I want us to go, but that's contingent on other things unfolding in the right ways.
Lionlifer
Rookie
And1: 626

Post#5 » by Lionlifer » Tue Oct 16, 2012 5:01 pm

Im thinking AA for closer as well, but we shall see.

Upton is interesting, but considering what we gave up for Infante and Sanchez, I'm worried about what it would take to get him.
2016 Pistons All Time Fantasy League Champ!

Return to Detroit Tigers