ImageImageImageImage

2012 Playoffs Tigers on the way to World Series

Lionlifer
Rookie
And1: 626

Re: 2012 Playoffs Tigers on the way to World Series 

Post#61 » by Lionlifer » Thu Oct 18, 2012 2:07 pm

ajaX82 wrote:
Lionlifer wrote:I think that may have been the best pitch that Coke has ever thrown! Thank god that is over, 3 down, 1 to go!

No kidding! whew

I don't think we finish it tonight, because I expect a fired up Yanks lineup and a CC gem, but it would be wonderful. Coke won't pitch tonight no matter what, so if we do get into a closing situation it will be interesting to see who gets the nod. My moneys on Dotel or Smyly

Turns out the phantom rain delay might have helped us, as now we get a days rest for Coke. When they first called it (without any rain) I thought they were just ensuring CC could go a full game if needed, but now it might work out in our favor.....
2016 Pistons All Time Fantasy League Champ!
TSE
Banned User
And1: 9

Post#62 » by TSE » Thu Oct 18, 2012 6:02 pm

So what are we going to do with Valverde then? Anyhow for some reason I had a dream last night and in the dream we were playing in the World Series and Valverde was up at the plate and hit a bloop single for the GW run to win it all. It was pretty awesome.
TSE
Banned User

Post#63 » by TSE » Thu Oct 18, 2012 8:27 pm

WOW Swisher got confused and took the wrong angle (with also weak hustle) or it's a catch and the inning is over!! Up 1-0 with 2 men on and a free chance for bonus runs. How embarrassing for NY. Well no bonus runs unfortunately but we still made Sabathia have to waste an extra half dozen pitches for a side bonus.
TSE
Banned User

Post#64 » by TSE » Thu Oct 18, 2012 11:18 pm

Nice play by Fielder to somewhat make up for his ugly error earlier. Pretty crappy game other than awesome pitching by the Tigers and some nice bomb shots, but fitting end to the loser Yankees. Hopefully we can score more runs and beat them by more than 6 just for good measure, they deserve further embarrassment yet for how they have approached this season. Good riddance.
joseph mamah
Starter
And1: 178

Post#65 » by joseph mamah » Thu Oct 18, 2012 11:40 pm

whos next?

hopefully we get a chance at a little revenge on St. Louis.
RTM
RealGM
And1: 173

Post#66 » by RTM » Thu Oct 18, 2012 11:48 pm

Way to go Tigs!
ajaX82
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 85

Post#67 » by ajaX82 » Thu Oct 18, 2012 11:56 pm

YES!!!

So pumped! Time to celebrate for a day and then get down to business. I couldn't take losing in the WS again
BadMofoPimp
RealGM
And1: 11,610

Post#68 » by BadMofoPimp » Fri Oct 19, 2012 12:08 am

Man, what a team. I am so excited. Can't wait for the World Series as this team is firing on all cylinders. Almost everyone got a hit today. Best pitching in baseball. What a thing to behold to crush the Yankees in just about every game but one inning (1st game 9th). If I can get a good deal on tickets, need at least 4 hopefully for game 5, I am going to come up there to watch this. Man, what an accomplishment. WOOT!!!

Provin Ya'll Wrong!!!
TSE
Banned User

Post#69 » by TSE » Fri Oct 19, 2012 12:15 am

joseph mamah wrote:whos next?

St Louis is awesome. They always suck during the regular season, but always kick butt in the postseason. I have never seen a sports team that could get away with that quite like they do. But baseball is a weird game with weird dynamics.
TSE
Banned User

Post#70 » by TSE » Fri Oct 19, 2012 12:16 am

ajaX82 wrote:YES!!!

So pumped! Time to celebrate for a day and then get down to business. I couldn't take losing in the WS again

I call dibs on your moderator role if you off yourself! But in the spirit of of preserving life I'll root for the Tiggers! :)
ajaX82
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#71 » by ajaX82 » Fri Oct 19, 2012 12:22 am

TSE wrote:
ajaX82 wrote:YES!!!

I call dibs on your moderator role if you off yourself! But in the spirit of of preserving life I'll root for the Tiggers! :)

OK that got a chuckle out of me. :lol:

But seriously, I may be devastated if we were to lose to St. effing Louis again. I hate the Cards so much...
jonjones
Banned User
And1: 1

Post#72 » by jonjones » Fri Oct 19, 2012 1:09 am

TSE wrote:

St Louis is awesome. They always suck during the regular season, but always kick butt in the postseason. I have never seen a sports team that could get away with that quite like they do. But baseball is a weird game with weird dynamics.

St. Louis is the same team that won 105 games in the regular season only to get SWEPT in the world series to a team with 7 less wins. I think they stopped caring about the regular season after that and after losing to the Astros (a team that won 89 games) the very next year as a 100 win team.
TSE
Banned User

Post#73 » by TSE » Fri Oct 19, 2012 1:21 am

ajaX82 wrote:OK that got a chuckle out of me. :lol:

But seriously, I may be devastated if we were to lose to St. effing Louis again. I hate the Cards so much...

Sweet, I like to make people laugh. I consider myself a professional comedian albeit with unfortunately $0.00 of career earnings. j/k lol...

There's no hate allowed in baseball! Only if the team is doing something wrong. But the Cards spend less money than us so they deserve respect over us because they play the game better than us (assuming they win). So I think you mean you are "jealous" of the Cards. ;)

Or, you might be feeling a biased effect of being from the perspective of a Detroit fan, where we don't play the game respectably, like I have been shouting for years. If we did, and then lost, then you would have valid reasons to complain, otherwise any negativity I feel should be directed at Mr. Illitch. Since he is in control and responsible for doing the right thing and playing the game the right way. But it's not fair to hate the Cards because we don't do the right things on our end to eliminate that as a sensible feeling.
TSE
Banned User

Post#74 » by TSE » Fri Oct 19, 2012 1:24 am

jonjones wrote:
TSE wrote:

St. Louis is the same team that won 105 games in the regular season only to get SWEPT in the world series to a team with 7 less wins. I think they stopped caring about the regular season after that and after losing to the Astros (a team that won 89 games) the very next year as a 100 win team.

Yeah that's an interesting point. If you read the forums a lot you will see I have what many people consider to be crazy philosophies. I have actually invented a theoretical road map to show how it is possible to win as many as about 150 games over the course of an entire eason, but relative to how other teams play the game, that wouldn't even make sense to strive for even if possible, because at the end of the day the owner might say well as long as nobody else can win 100, then just win enough to be in 1st and maximize profits, and while there should always be more revenue overall as you win more games, the percentages of profitability would diminish at certain levels well above 110 win totals and beyond, so it might not be practical to go after a utopian-team despite the fact that I believe I could build it.

Also are you the real Jon Jones that can kill anybody with his bare hands? If so I would like to trade autographs. And pick a fight with you so I can sue you after I lose.
BadMofoPimp
RealGM
And1: 11,610

Post#75 » by BadMofoPimp » Fri Oct 19, 2012 1:46 am

TSE wrote:
Also are you the real Jon Jones that can kill anybody with his bare hands? If so I would like to trade autographs. And pick a fight with you so I can sue you after I lose.

How can you sue when ur dead?

Provin Ya'll Wrong!!!
Manocad
RealGM
And1: 10,561

Post#76 » by Manocad » Fri Oct 19, 2012 2:02 am

Great night at Comerica; weather was awesome and the atmosphere was electric. Plus there were Atwater Brewery, Leinenkugel, and Blue Moon stands on the concourse. Righteous.
Lionlifer
Rookie
And1: 626

Post#77 » by Lionlifer » Mon Oct 22, 2012 5:25 pm

I loved the addition of the Leinny stands, the Shandy on a hot day is great.
2016 Pistons All Time Fantasy League Champ!
ajaX82
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#78 » by ajaX82 » Mon Oct 22, 2012 11:27 pm

Not sure who to root for tonight. The positive regardless is that we will be rested and the rotation perfectly set up. The negative of course is that we haven't played for a hot minute and could be rusty.

Go Giants?
TSE
Banned User

Post#79 » by TSE » Mon Oct 22, 2012 11:35 pm

^
I want the team that plays the best game tonight that rightfully deserves it. I haven't studied the seasons of either teams so I'm not fully educated on how they have played this year, so I hope that at least one team puts in a worthy effort and wins based on play and not because of a bumbling umpire decision, or the opposing Manager doing something stupid or negligent. They both spent very similar payroll amounts with the Giants slightly more but by about the same amount as more games that they have won, so that keeps things perfectly even and fair. ($117MM to $110MM and 94 wins to 88 wins) If I didn't live in Detroit then I would certainly be rooting for the NL winner to win it all no matter who wins. (Tigers $132MM)

I am not confident the most deserving team will win though, because this is baseball where anything can happen. We might see a black hole rip open in centerfield for all I know. Anything bizarre can happen in this sport.
RIPskaterdude
RealGM
And1: 36,521

Post#80 » by RIPskaterdude » Tue Oct 23, 2012 4:42 am

Nice to see another board that is somewhat active on here.

That being said,

BRING IT ON, TIGERS! :wizard:

Return to Detroit Tigers