(3)Do not fire him he is old and i feel sorry for him
No votes

Total votes: 2

kellmellus50
Starter
And1: 142

Fire Leland & 3rd base Gene Lamont 

Post#1 » by kellmellus50 » Fri May 11, 2012 1:58 pm

I have seen so many mistakes by leland and 1 & 3rd base coach that is time to fire them all and get some young coaches in the organization.

Example leland leaving Dotel in when he can't hit a barn and lost the game.Lealand leaves pitchers in games too long and only takes them out when the game is gone.

2nts ago Jackson on 1st behind 2-1 leland does not send him , next batter hits double play we lose.

Another inn a player hits a long ball to warning track man from second goes to third but the man on first stays bad deceision by first base coach.

last nite 3rd base coach send player on a squeeze bunt, batter misses you guessed it out at home.

Every game you have 4-5 real bad calls by tiger coaches that leave you scratching you head saying WTF!!!!!!!!!!!!

I have had enough and am calling for thier heads .

Why is Raburn playing everyday hitting .127 batting 7th ? he should be released or traded let someone else get a chance.

I will say 1 good thing about the coaches i do like our hitting coach and pitching coach .
those 2 should stay.
kellmellus50
Starter

Re: Fire Leland and 1st & 3rd base coaches 

Post#2 » by kellmellus50 » Fri May 18, 2012 11:54 am

The tiger are playing under .500 as a team ,and they are better than that and the coach is not doing anything right to get the team to play better.
The other day they had 4 errors .pratice,practice,practice.

Jim Leyland. "...it's mind-boggling.." really, Jim? you stubbornly roll a.150 bat out there every day who can't field second base or left field. for the first six weeks of the season, you force a guy in the 2 hole who drew two walks in 110 ab's there. by the way, Jim, speed isn't always needed to steal bases and move runners. there are winning teams out there who steal plenty on brain, good instinct and courage (the real reason we don't steal bases).

A good manager play's to win every game Leyland is always resting players, moving them around and playing for tomorrow. The fans aren't stupid and baseball is not complicated you play your best player's and make them play HARD every day

would like to see some fire from the manager directed to the players the next time they have two on with no outs in the 7th and proceed to strike out or pop out the next three out.The manager has lost the clubhouse.

This team is somewhat of a joke to be honest. Picking up Fielder was a complete and total waste of money. Yes, another "big" bat is great(not that it's been "big" so far), but they could have gotten far better value spending it on a couple of mid level type players(at 2nd and 3rd and possibly a DH), and kept Cabrera at 1st where he belongs. Playing him at 3rd is completely ridiculous. I just don't see us going anywhere with this current line-up in this configuration. Wake up Dave...
TSE
Banned User
And1: 9

Post#3 » by TSE » Fri May 18, 2012 10:10 pm

Yeah I hear ya. It's a colossal shame. And all Illitch or Dave would have to do would be to send me a single PM on here requesting an appointment, and then our future would become blissful. It's really that simple on their end.
kellmellus50
Starter

Post#4 » by kellmellus50 » Sat May 19, 2012 1:41 pm

Hi TSE thanks for your vote.It's nice having the whole site to ourselves.
Once in awhile Ajax will chime in and lock it up but that's ok.
I think people do not like our point of view, so they just avoid us at times.
Oh well i just call them as i see them.
TSE
Banned User

Post#5 » by TSE » Mon May 21, 2012 11:56 pm

Who the heck is going to listen to a Bench Warmer and a 6th Man? My post count just surpassed my birth year with that post you are referencing. :)
Manocad
RealGM
And1: 10,561

Post#6 » by Manocad » Sat Jun 2, 2012 6:59 pm

kellmellus50 wrote:I think most people think our point of view is garbage, so they just avoid us at times.

Fixed
kellmellus50
Starter

Post#7 » by kellmellus50 » Thu Jul 19, 2012 2:55 am

Leyland's stubborness is why fans like me have lost faith in him : Starts Raburn and bats him 2nd; Refuses to start Below even though Turner failed and we are playing the White Sox; Sitting Berry because it's a left-hander on the mound (clearly we have so many.300 hitters, we can sit him) ; FAILS TO PLAY THE BEST 9 EVERY DAY!

Leyland said last night this kid is NOT READY for primetime. So what does he do: give him another start. You can't make this up. Maddening.
Lionlifer
Rookie
And1: 626

Post#8 » by Lionlifer » Fri Jul 20, 2012 2:18 pm

kellmellus50 wrote:Leyland said last night this kid is NOT READY for primetime. So what does he do: give him another start. You can't make this up. Maddening.

So I take it you don't buy into the idea that we are showcasing him to boost his stock for a trade?
2016 Pistons All Time Fantasy League Champ!
kellmellus50
Starter

Post#9 » by kellmellus50 » Sat Jul 21, 2012 11:52 am

Lionlifer wrote:
kellmellus50 wrote:Leyland said last night this kid is NOT READY for primetime. So what does he do: give him another start. You can't make this up. Maddening.

So I take it you don't buy into the idea that we are showcasing him to boost his stock for a trade?

if you want to showcase him leave him in the minors where he was doing good.

The complaints are comming from most everyone on why leland continually uses Rayburn and when you do you at times put him second in the lineup AND HE IS BATTING .170. You bat Young fifth and he may lead the league in LOB and has walked ONLY 9 TIMES. There has to be someone in the minors that could bat better than .170. It's a little late in the year to think some of these players are going to be anything but what they have been, disapointing!
Manocad
RealGM

Post#10 » by Manocad » Sat Jul 28, 2012 6:19 am

So who do you replace Leland and the coaches with? The team won't run itself.
kellmellus50
Starter

Post#11 » by kellmellus50 » Sat Jul 28, 2012 9:13 am

You replace the coaches with anyone else they can only do better.Our coaches make wrong deciesions all the time and cost the tiger many wins, and because of that they may not make the playoffs.
Lionlifer
Rookie

Post#12 » by Lionlifer » Mon Jul 30, 2012 1:25 pm

kellmellus50 wrote:You replace the coaches with anyone else they can only do better.

I think you are overreacting a bit. Are Leyland and the rest of his staff perfect, not a chance, but they are better than most all the options just sitting out there right now.
kellmellus50
Starter

Post#13 » by kellmellus50 » Sun Aug 12, 2012 3:52 am

#12 game lost by leland and 3rd base coach.
tonite leland lets the first pitcher in 9th throw 8 straight balls before takeing him out.Well thats the game texas goes on to score and win game of coarse that was easy 2 on no outs,of coarse they will score..

Also the inning before 3rd base coach as alway holds the runner time and time again after a hit and we don't score i see this happen almost every game and i am tired of it.
gene lamont sucksssssssssss.
joseph mamah
Starter
And1: 178

Re: Fire Leland & 3rd base Gene Lamont 

Post#14 » by joseph mamah » Sun Aug 12, 2012 5:02 am

leyland has to go after this season no matter what happens i dont care if we win the world series. he's garbage.
kellmellus50
Starter

Post#15 » by kellmellus50 » Sun Aug 12, 2012 12:18 pm

Tigers' manager Jim Leyland: Gene Lamont is a great third-base coach
There's not a better third-base coach in the American League than Gene Lamont, that's all I know," he added.

Are you kidding me !!!!! this shows how stupid Leland is he must have alltimers ."That's two games in the last three days where it's cost us when we haven't got a run in from third. You can't do that

http://www.freep.com/article/20120812/S ... /308120205
TSE
Banned User

Post#16 » by TSE » Sun Aug 12, 2012 4:13 pm

kellmellus50 wrote:Tigers' manager Jim Leyland: Gene Lamont is a great third-base coach
There's not a better third-base coach in the American League than Gene Lamont, that's all I know," he added.

Great find Kellmellus! I just googled the other day "inventory of all that Jim Leyland knows" and there were no results. Now we know for the record straight from the man himself the results of that inquiry! :wink:
kellmellus50
Starter

Post#17 » by kellmellus50 » Sun Aug 12, 2012 9:42 pm

# 13 game lost by leland lets virralleal lose a game again .
1-batter get hit
2-batter get walk
3- batter scores from second wild pitch
4-batter scores again wild pitch
5 -another single

oh finally leland changes pitcher when game is lost again.

Dam leland he shoud be fired after this game what a disgrace.

I Am thinking of applying to be coach of the Tigers monday at comerica park.

Leland, and Gene lamont are the worst managers ever to coach the tigers.Every game we lose 1-2 runs because of the coaches decisions.leland never bunts to advance runners ,instead were always hitting into double plays,he keep pitchers in too long when the game is out of reach,then he finally takes them out.lamont holds the runner at 3rd every time and he gets stranded there and we don't score again.i could go on and on and fill this whole page of stupid coaches decisions.I can coach the tigers thats easy.
.Dombroski Fire leland and gene lamont and hire me and TSE we will take the tigers to the playoffs.
Manocad
RealGM

Post#18 » by Manocad » Sun Aug 26, 2012 9:02 am

So Leyland decided to bat right-handed hitting Delmon Young against a left-handed pitcher which paid off nicely in the win against the Angels tonight.

Where are TSE and kell talking about how Leyland made a good decision?
TSE
Banned User

Post#19 » by TSE » Mon Aug 27, 2012 9:25 pm

Manocad wrote:So Leyland decided to bat right-handed hitting Delmon Young against a left-handed pitcher which paid off nicely in the win against the Angels tonight.

Good decisions don't count if you don't qualify from hitting the minimum quota, because if you don't hit the quota you are not supposed to keep your job! Baseball is not a game about waiting to see an outcome and then judging the decision based upon that outcome. Good decisions are not supposed to result in a positive outcome 100% of the time, that's not how the game works. Success in this game derives from the FREQUENCY of good decisions, any evidence of any single good decision is irrelevant without the reference point of knowing what proportion of all decision are good decisions.
Lionlifer
Rookie

Post#20 » by Lionlifer » Tue Aug 28, 2012 12:59 pm

Manocad wrote:So Leyland decided to bat right-handed hitting Delmon Young against a left-handed pitcher which paid off nicely in the win against the Angels tonight.

Making up excuses about why the good decision doesn't count :lol:

Return to Detroit Tigers