ImageImageImageImage

Sabathia traded

TheOUTLAW
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 2,757

Sabathia traded 

Post#1 » by TheOUTLAW » Mon Jul 7, 2008 12:38 am

It was always expected, but it still comes as a shock. The Indians have traded CC. It is a shame that this team just can't afford to keep it's talent. I guess it is better that they traded him rather than lose him as a free agent as they normally do (Thome, Manny etc.). If somehow this team decided they could have spent some money they'd still have one of the best teams in all of baseball.
Gordon Bombay
Head Coach
And1: 79

Re: Sabathia traded 

Post#2 » by Gordon Bombay » Mon Jul 7, 2008 1:11 am

definitely a sad day...just sucks that we couldnt get a deal done with the big fella
LeQuitterNotMVP
Analyst
And1: 0

Post#3 » by LeQuitterNotMVP » Mon Jul 7, 2008 1:12 am

Well hopefully this LaPorta kid is good.

We could have a solid team next year, provided Adam Miller gets healthy and becomes our closer, and we'll probably have to sign a starter.
Comet
Veteran
And1: 8

Post#4 » by Comet » Mon Jul 7, 2008 2:37 am

LaPorta is good. Stats

Potentially another Ryan Braun.
jbone
Senior

Post#5 » by jbone » Mon Jul 7, 2008 2:46 am

yeah im not a big baseball brain, but from what the guys over at my brewers forum have said all year was that originally laporta was untouchable and the best minor leaguer we had until gamel came onto the scene then it was a toss-up and escobar would have been availible if we wernt planning on bringing him up to replace most likely weeks once we trade him.

so you guys got either our best or second best prospect in laporta, and considering the experts say the brewers have the best minors id say he has got a lot of great potential. he is more of a bad ddefneisive power hitting first baseman/LF.a cross between fielder and braun
B Mac
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 540

Post#6 » by B Mac » Mon Jul 7, 2008 3:18 am

The Brewers definately dont have the best minors in baseball... but regardless I really like this Laporta kid. Sad to see CC go, but I tell him thanks for the memories and good luck in the National League. Hopefully the big guy can win a ring and hit a few more homers in the process.
Buck You
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 541

Post#7 » by Buck You » Mon Jul 7, 2008 5:04 am

Well we had 10 guys make the AA all star team and your own scouts said that our AA huntsville team was "the best collection of prospects they've ever seen." So...
trwi7
RealGM
And1: 26,445

Post#8 » by trwi7 » Mon Jul 7, 2008 6:24 am

ReddBogutCharlieV wrote:Well we had 10 guys make the AA all star team and your own scouts said that our AA huntsville team was "the best collection of prospects they've ever seen." So...

Well let me know when the only team in the minors is the AA team. The Rays have the best minor league system and it really isn't close. Right now I'd say the Brewers are in the 5-7 range.

This is a really good deal for the Indians if the PTBNL is Taylor Green. He'll likely start out in AA at second base. Bryson is a closer candidate in the future and you obviously know about LaPorta. Jackson was a throw-in at this point but maybe the Indians can get something out of him.
stellation wrote:What's the difference between Gery Woelful and this glass of mineral water? The mineral water actually has a source."

I Hate Manure wrote:We look to be awful next season without Beasley.
B Mac
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 540

Post#9 » by B Mac » Mon Jul 7, 2008 2:43 pm

Agreed Trwi. I didnt mean to rag on the Brewers system it definately is far ahead of ours, but its still not the best in the league by any means.

Also agree on Green. If he is indeed the PTBNL then I am very happy with this trade.
humanrefutation
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 14,339

Post#10 » by humanrefutation » Mon Jul 7, 2008 2:50 pm

LaPorta is a great prospect and Green is solid.

It seems like the Crew and the Indians always make these deadline deals. The Sexson trade, Burnitz, Wickman, etc. It always seems to work out reasonably for both teams. Hopefully this one is the same way.
Ayt
RealGM
And1: 13,843

Post#11 » by Ayt » Mon Jul 7, 2008 6:19 pm

Comet wrote:LaPorta is good. Stats

Potentially another Ryan Braun.

I really like LaPorta, but he is 23 and hasn't yet got to AAA. Braun was 23 last year annihilating MLB pitching.

Getting LaPorta and probably Green definitely isn't a bad get for the Indians.
mosarsour
Freshman

Post#12 » by mosarsour » Mon Jul 7, 2008 7:12 pm

LaPorta is a hell of a prospect and an amazing power hitter. The other 3 guys you got are decent as well. I'd say the trade worked out well for both sides...Now if the Brewers can resign C.C. next season (to replace Sheets who's likely to be moving on after this season), there would be great things happening here in Milwaukee.
"You cannot have a bland feeling about me. Either I'm a showboating son of a bitch or I'm the darling that everyone picks on." - Al McGuire
Icness
NFL Analyst
And1: 129

Post#13 » by Icness » Tue Jul 15, 2008 12:58 pm

Nice to see CC start strong in MIlwaukee. He was clearly not going to re-up in Cleveland and therefore had to be dealt. Every baseball person I've talked to about it loves LaPorte and thinks he'll be a great #3 hitter, and we sure need that.

Interesting the team sweeps the first place Rays headed into the break after this deal.
It's not whether you win or lose, it's how good you look playing the game

Return to Cleveland Indians