Image Image Image Image

Swept into next year

Shootdabull
Veteran
And1: 138

Swept into next year 

Post#1 » by Shootdabull » Fri Sep 17, 2010 2:52 pm

Well it looks like it’s all over now. I was holding out hope going into this series but the twins are the superior team. In the first game we had our chances, I thought Ozzie left Danks in a little too long but he pitched ok. Manny struck out with runners in scoring position all night. Game two was a disaster and we fought back yesterday to watch the twins pull away once again. I’d like to encourage Kenny to start looking for a center fielder once again. Put Alex on one of the corners, watching him over throw the cutoff man; bobble a balls so a runner who was holding takes the extra base; drop a ball was in his glove that he broke in on. I like the way the team fought back from oblivion this year, but alas its wait until next year again.
TNBT
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 208

Re: Swept into next year 

Post#2 » by TNBT » Fri Sep 17, 2010 7:29 pm

I knew it was close, and in all honesty, I think we all knew it was unlikely. I still like the team we have though, but we will no doubt end up making some moves. Is Manny going to be back next season?
Shootdabull
Veteran
And1: 138

Post#3 » by Shootdabull » Thu Oct 7, 2010 2:08 pm

I don't see Manny coming back next year - I think we just rolled the dice hoping he would come up big for a final push.

I do agree we are in pretty good shape for next year. The starting pitching should be good with the addition of sale to the rotation and hopfully we can get a healthy Peavy. That rotation should keep us competitive. First base will be interesting to see if Pauly comes back or if we are turning it over Viciedo. We may also be looking at the changing of the guard at catcher with flowers & castro. The other main cog from the championship team that maybe moving is Jenks. With arbitration coming up he maybe to expensive to keep around with recent injuries and Putz would like to come back, so it would not surprise me see a changing of the guard but I think we have replacement in place. We still need a big time left handed rbi guy. That would really help this lineup. It will be interesting to see what Kenny does as while I think we will be decent again we need to make a move to catch the twins.
TNBT
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 208

Post#4 » by TNBT » Fri Dec 3, 2010 8:51 am

Seems we have signed this Dunn guy. I don't know anything about him, so any info would help. We're bringing back AJ, and if we can land Konerko as well, it will be a pretty decent off-season so far. As for Manny, what's the situation there? Is he coming back? Leaving?

Return to Chicago White Sox