Image ImageImage Image

Potential Zach Trade Partners? Playoff Edition.

Moderators: HomoSapien, GimmeDat, Payt10, RedBulls23, coldfish, AshyLarrysDiaper, fleet, kulaz3000, Michael Jackson, Ice Man, dougthonus, Tommy Udo 6 , DASMACKDOWN

League Circles
RealGM
And1: 9,182

Re: Potential Zach Trade Partners? Playoff Edition. 

Post#101 » by League Circles » Mon Apr 29, 2024 1:49 pm

Zach would really excel playing with Lebron. Demar wouldn't.
https://august-shop.com/ - sneakers and streetwear
Michael Jackson
Forum Mod - Bulls
Forum Mod - Bulls
And1: 10,666

Post#102 » by Michael Jackson » Mon Apr 29, 2024 3:24 pm

DuckIII wrote:
League Circles wrote:
DuckIII wrote:
The Lakers will never trade LeBron James to a team he does not want to be traded to, and LeBron James does not want to be traded to the Bulls or any other team that does not become an immediate contender by adding him.

Lebron will probably want to come here if we draft his son. I wouldn't use #11 on him (certainly without a handshake deal set up if even then), but perhaps we could get a later first rounder or a second or something and take his scrub son.

Lebron could be our best player for another several years quite easily.

Us drafting Bronny to land LeBron so we can pimp the meaningless carnival tour would be such an appropriate way for this era to be remembered.

Kenny Griffey Jr anyone? Reinsdorf always gets his man in the end
jacoby1us
General Manager
And1: 1,612

Post#103 » by jacoby1us » Mon Apr 29, 2024 5:45 pm

Reset Reset Reset!!!!!!!

Bulls Trade: Lavine, DDR
Bulls Receive: S&T Jonas Valenciuos (Pelicans), Austin Reaves (Lakers), Rui Hachimura (Lakers), Jarred Vanderbilt (Lakers), Dyson Daniels (Pelicans), Trey Murphy III (Pelicans) Pelicans 2024 FRP, Lakers 2025 FRP
(Rookie Extension due for Murphy III)

Pelicans Receive: Zach Lavine

Lakers Receive: Demar Derozan

Obviously these moves will result in us declining Patrick Williams extension and trading him before the beginning of the season and letting Drummond walk. Another recommended move would be to move Ball's contract or at least petition for a Medical Retirement despite his progress in order to remove that salary from our cap. We have White and Ayo in the backcourt while adding legit help in Austin Reaves.
#TREADMILLCLUBFAN
sco
RealGM
And1: 7,684

Post#104 » by sco » Mon Apr 29, 2024 6:01 pm

jacoby1us wrote:Reset Reset Reset!!!!!!!

Bulls Receive: S&T Jonas Valenciuos (Pelicans), Austin Reaves (Lakers), Rui Hachimura (Lakers), Jarred Vanderbilt (Lakers), Dyson Daniels (Pelicans), Trey Murphy III (Pelicans) Pelicans 2024 FRP, Lakers 2025 FRP

Obviously these moves will result in us declining Patrick Williams extension and trading him before the beginning of the season and letting Drummond walk. Another recommended move would be to move Ball's contract or at least petition for a Medical Retirement despite his progress in order to remove that salary from our cap. We have White and Ayo in the backcourt while adding legit help in Austin Reaves.

If for this offseason, no way LA considers that for a fraction of a second. Pelicans consider it for a whole second before rejecting it. IMO, Zach does not have the trade value to bring back anything other than out-of-favor guys and expiring contracts, forget about a pick. Now, wait for a season, then these could be more doable. DDR would need to be a S&T and I think his value would be lower than you suggest.
:clap:
Dan Z
RealGM
And1: 7,286

Post#105 » by Dan Z » Mon Apr 29, 2024 6:46 pm

sco wrote:
DuckIII wrote:As I’ve said, one of my concerns is that AK will look to trade Zach for Trae Young. Add Bradley Beal to that list.

IDK, I'd much prefer those guys to pure expirings and bench-level talent, which is my expected outcome.

Bradley Beal played 53 games this year, 50 the previous year and 40 before that. He's also two years older than Zach and is paid more than him (7 million, 8 million and 8 million more the next three years). That mean's the Bulls would have an even tighter budget to work with (keep in mind they won't pay the tax unless they have a top 4 team).

On top of all that Beal has a no trade clause, which means if it doesn't work out he'd be difficult to trade.

Read on Twitter
Tetlak
Assistant Coach
And1: 2,135

Post#106 » by Tetlak » Mon Apr 29, 2024 7:38 pm

Are you aware that Jonas is a worse and more flawed basketball player than Vuc? Are you aware you're using the entirety of our cap on generic to above average roleplayers? Do you want us to be the Brooklyn Nets, without a player as good as Bridges?
DuckIII
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 33,756

Post#107 » by DuckIII » Mon Apr 29, 2024 7:41 pm

Tetlak wrote:

Are you aware that Jonas is a worse and more flawed basketball player than Vuc? Are you aware you're using the entirety of our cap on generic to above average roleplayers? Do you want us to be the Brooklyn Nets, without a player as good as Bridges?

The funny thing is you don’t have to worry about it because neither the Pels nor Lakers would do those deals.
Once a pickle, never a cucumber again.
poolshark52
Pro Prospect
And1: 481

Post#108 » by poolshark52 » Mon Apr 29, 2024 9:01 pm

Depending on how their season ends up I could see OKC as a possible partner. Zach and Caruso for Giddey, Dort, K Williams and more. Of course they may win the whole thing and not need to make any moves.
Nwaba daba doo!
Muzbar
Starter
And1: 1,447

Post#109 » by Muzbar » Mon Apr 29, 2024 9:48 pm

poolshark52 wrote:Depending on how their season ends up I could see OKC as a possible partner. Zach and Caruso for Giddey, Dort, K Williams and more. Of course they may win the whole thing and not need to make any moves.

Why would OKC want Zach? They have Shai.

There is no reason for them to shake up their team, they were the no. 1 seed and they're a young team.
Go Bulls... I guess!? Right!?
dougthonus
Senior Mod - Bulls
Senior Mod - Bulls
And1: 15,852

Post#110 » by dougthonus » Mon Apr 29, 2024 10:14 pm

Muzbar wrote:
poolshark52 wrote:Depending on how their season ends up I could see OKC as a possible partner. Zach and Caruso for Giddey, Dort, K Williams and more. Of course they may win the whole thing and not need to make any moves.

There is now reason for them to shake up their team, they were the no. 1 seed and they're a young team.

I can't imagine OKC going for Zach, but could absolutely see them making a move for a legit star if one were available. Say Giannis asks out after this off-season as an example.
http://linktr.ee/bullsbeat - links to the bullsbeat podcast
@doug_thonus on twitter
drosestruts
General Manager
And1: 3,397

Post#111 » by drosestruts » Mon Apr 29, 2024 10:16 pm

Muzbar wrote:

There is now reason for them to shake up their team, they were the no. 1 seed and they're a young team.

While I don't see OKC trading for Zach I'm not sure they're not due for some sort of shakeup.

They were the 1-seed, and the playoffs are still going on. I would personally favor Dallas or Clippers over OKC in the 2nd round.

Some could look at the team and simply decide to give it time in hopes they continue to improve and that this isn't their plateau.

Others (me I guess) might look to make some sort of move. I think too many people are focused on trying to build a dynasty and forgetting you have to actually win a championship to be a dynasty. If someone like Paul George becomes available and OKC can build some sort of package around Giddey, Dort, cap space and picks.

With SGA and Jalen Williams they don't have a need for someone like Zach.
Muzbar
Starter
And1: 1,447

Post#112 » by Muzbar » Mon Apr 29, 2024 10:23 pm

drosestruts wrote:
Muzbar wrote:

While I don't see OKC trading for Zach I'm not sure they're not due for some sort of shakeup.

They were the 1-seed, and the playoffs are still going on. I would personally favor Dallas or Clippers over OKC in the 2nd round.

Some could look at the team and simply decide to give it time in hopes they continue to improve and that this isn't their plateau.

Others (me I guess) might look to make some sort of move. I think too many people are focused on trying to build a dynasty and forgetting you have to actually win a championship to be a dynasty. If someone like Paul George becomes available and OKC can build some sort of package around Giddey, Dort, cap space and picks.

This is Chets first official year, he's got so much more room to grow, plus Jalen Williams is only in his 2nd (3rd?) year. They were a no. 1 seed with an extremely young team. Yeah they may bow out to a more play experienced team, but that wouldn't be reason to make a shake up of such a young core.

Agreed they may make a trade for an experienced star that can help push then into championship contention, but Zach LaVine is not that play (nor is Paul George to a degree, IMO).
Go Bulls... I guess!? Right!?
dougthonus
Senior Mod - Bulls
Senior Mod - Bulls
And1: 15,852

Post#113 » by dougthonus » Mon Apr 29, 2024 10:27 pm

drosestruts wrote:While I don't see OKC trading for Zach I'm not sure they're not due for some sort of shakeup.

George is going to be a free agent, would be interesting to see what it would take to get him in a S&T. Probably not all that much to be honest, especially if Philly is out there luring him with cap room, but OKC seems enticing enough to take him.

If I'm OKC, I'm not sure that I'm amped about Paul George on a new 250M type deal at age 34-37 though.

That said, conceptually, I agree that OKC is in an interesting position where both letting the current group age or going all in are both viable options.
http://linktr.ee/bullsbeat - links to the bullsbeat podcast
@doug_thonus on twitter
MrSparkle
RealGM
And1: 10,154

Post#114 » by MrSparkle » Mon Apr 29, 2024 11:30 pm

Muzbar wrote:
drosestruts wrote:
Muzbar wrote:Why would OKC want Zach? They have Shai.

This is Chets first official year, he's got so much more room to grow, plus Jalen Williams is only in his 2nd (3rd?) year. They were a no. 1 seed with an extremely young team. Yeah they may bow out to a more play experienced team, but that wouldn't be reason to make a shake up of such a young core.

Agreed they may make a trade for an experienced star that can help push then into championship contention, but Zach LaVine is not that play (nor is Paul George to a degree, IMO).

I feel like OKC’s heading to the WCFs. Mavs’ depth chart is exponentially worse. It’s a 2-man show. They are playing Luka and Kyrie 40+ mpg. Exum and THJ are unplayable.

OKC meanwhile has a stacked bench of ballhandlers and scorers in addition to the best guard in the league. If Kawhi magically heals and LAC can survive to round 2, I might favor them, but the Thunder are probably facing the Wolves or Nuggets, in this absurd shake-up of the old guard.
Chi town
RealGM
And1: 7,063

Post#115 » by Chi town » Tue Apr 30, 2024 3:36 am

Dan Z wrote:
sco wrote:
DuckIII wrote:As I’ve said, one of my concerns is that AK will look to trade Zach for Trae Young. Add Bradley Beal to that list.

IDK, I'd much prefer those guys to pure expirings and bench-level talent, which is my expected outcome.

Bradley Beal played 53 games this year, 50 the previous year and 40 before that. He's also two years older than Zach and is paid more than him (7 million, 8 million and 8 million more the next three years). That mean's the Bulls would have an even tighter budget to work with (keep in mind they won't pay the tax unless they have a top 4 team).

On top of all that Beal has a no trade clause, which means if it doesn't work out he'd be difficult to trade.

Read on Twitter

Beal is the reason Zach is untradable. Look up his games played last 5 seasons.
Jcool0
RealGM
And1: 7,833

Post#116 » by Jcool0 » Tue Apr 30, 2024 4:31 am

Hey LA you could only win one playoff game this year LeBron only has 2 years left... Zach for Reeves package?
aguifs
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,438

Post#117 » by aguifs » Tue Apr 30, 2024 4:42 am

Lavine to LA confirmed
#FIREAKME #BOYCOTTABULL #REINSDORKSELLTHEFRANCHISE
drosestruts
General Manager
And1: 3,397

Post#118 » by drosestruts » Tue Apr 30, 2024 2:41 pm

Muzbar wrote:
drosestruts wrote:
Muzbar wrote:Why would OKC want Zach? They have Shai.

I would not trade SGA - Jalen Williams - or Chet.

But that leaves a lot of wiggle room for other ideas - especially for a team with cap space and picks.
ChiefILL53
Starter
And1: 831

Post#119 » by ChiefILL53 » Tue Apr 30, 2024 4:40 pm

OKC is definitely gonna trade for a star, they still have way too many picks than open roster spots. They're gonna have a big consolidation trade soon to bring in someone disgruntled or someone who the teams recognizes its time to trade for a blow up. They definitely arent trading SGA, the real good Williams (cuz they have 2 jalen williams) or Chet.

Its not gonna be Zach, but they're definitely trading for someone big.
jc23 wrote:Goran + Lonzo + Zach = the Dragon Ball Z line up.
BahamaBull
General Manager
And1: 2,123

Post#120 » by BahamaBull » Tue Apr 30, 2024 4:43 pm

The only team I could see trading for Zach is the Suns in exchange for Beal.

I simply cant bear to watch Zach play or coast as he did lat season...this is likely the only deal where I would firmly say NO in Lavine's case. Hopefully, we can find someone willing to take his contract but it would be challenging to say the least. :banghead:

Return to Chicago Bulls