Image ImageImage Image

NBA Trade Thread #10

Moderators: HomoSapien, GimmeDat, Payt10, RedBulls23, coldfish, AshyLarrysDiaper, fleet, kulaz3000, Michael Jackson, Ice Man, dougthonus, Tommy Udo 6 , DASMACKDOWN

MisterRoy
Veteran
And1: 1,002

Re: NBA Trade Thread #10 

Post#1041 » by MisterRoy » Mon Apr 29, 2024 9:00 pm

Muzbar wrote:
jnrjr79 wrote:
Muzbar wrote:Um, it absolutely works financially for all teams.

I think it'll only work for GSW if they let Klay walk. Otherwise, they'd project to be a 2nd apron team that can't aggregate salaries in a trade.

Yeah, its entirely dependent on what they do, it works right now, without them resigning anybody. Figured they might let Klay walk (or he may just walk) considering his play/him also getting benched during the season. GS needs to change things up, what they have isn't working.

But it works financially in the fanspo trade checker no problems. Currently.

Context around my statement: I plugged it in to ESPNs trade machine. There were salary comments for Orlando and GS and the trade failed.

Sent from somewhere you’ve never been.
Muzbar
Starter
And1: 1,448

Post#1042 » by Muzbar » Mon Apr 29, 2024 9:43 pm

MisterRoy wrote:
Muzbar wrote:
jnrjr79 wrote:

I think it'll only work for GSW if they let Klay walk. Otherwise, they'd project to be a 2nd apron team that can't aggregate salaries in a trade.

Yeah, its entirely dependent on what they do, it works right now, without them resigning anybody. Figured they might let Klay walk (or he may just walk) considering his play/him also getting benched during the season. GS needs to change things up, what they have isn't working.

But it works financially in the fanspo trade checker no problems. Currently.

Context around my statement: I plugged it in to ESPNs trade machine. There were salary comments for Orlando and GS and the trade failed.

Sent from somewhere you’ve never been.

Salaries:

Chicago: out 72.9m, in 70.9m

Orlando: out 42.8m, in 43m

Atlanta: out 69.1m, in 69.6m

Warriors: out 43.4m, in 44.7m

I don't trust ESPNs trade machine, I was able to make a trade for Jayson Tatum for Julian Phillips and it was successful.

:dontknow:

Edit: ESPNs trade machine hasn't updated for next season, they still have Zach at 40m instead or 43m.
Go Bulls... I guess!? Right!?
Charlesareed
Sixth Man
And1: 752

Post#1043 » by Charlesareed » Tue Apr 30, 2024 12:15 am

sco wrote:
Charlesareed wrote:I’d trade Zach ball caurso carter Craig picks for KD & Royce O’Neal or Josh okogie

Resign ddr & pat

Coby
Ayo
DDR
KD
Vuc

A bench of Javonte green pat Drummond Terry bitim Philips shango O’Neal/okogie & drell

I think the more realistic question would be if you'd trade Zach for Beal?

No way unless bulls we’re getting 2 unprotected 1st back with Beal

Have you seen Beal play the past 4 seasons compared to Zach in the same past 4 seasons Zach was more healthier and better
Chicago Raised me
kodo
RealGM
And1: 13,332

Post#1044 » by kodo » Tue Apr 30, 2024 3:28 pm

Charlesareed wrote:
sco wrote:
Charlesareed wrote:I’d trade Zach ball caurso carter Craig picks for KD & Royce O’Neal or Josh okogie

Resign ddr & pat

Coby
Ayo
DDR
KD
Vuc

A bench of Javonte green pat Drummond Terry bitim Philips shango O’Neal/okogie & drell

I think the more realistic question would be if you'd trade Zach for Beal?

Have you seen Beal play the past 4 seasons compared to Zach in the same past 4 seasons Zach was more healthier and better

Zach Lowe discussed this same question after the Phoenix lost, he basically said there's no way. Zach is still more valuable than Beal. The hate for Lavine in Chicago is out of porportion to what most of the league thinks of him, similar to Lauri. Still massively overpaid, but he's far from the worst overpaid player out there (when healthy...which has been an issue for 2 years now).
MrSparkle
RealGM
And1: 10,154

Post#1045 » by MrSparkle » Tue Apr 30, 2024 7:27 pm

kodo wrote:
Charlesareed wrote:
sco wrote:I think the more realistic question would be if you'd trade Zach for Beal?

Zach Lowe discussed this same question after the Phoenix lost, he basically said there's no way. Zach is still more valuable than Beal. The hate for Lavine in Chicago is out of porportion to what most of the league thinks of him, similar to Lauri. Still massively overpaid, but he's far from the worst overpaid player out there (when healthy...which has been an issue for 2 years now).

Beal's super max is insane. I thought Washington made off like bandits in the trade, despite not receiving a single FRP. But on top of just dumping his salary, they got FOUR UNPROTECTED SWAPS (not to mention six 2nds), and a near-expiring CP3, who at worst, could've been a good mentor for the Wizards (that Poole trade wasn't really necessary).

Phoenix's moves were just insane. I can't believe they don't own their FRP until 2030. The most irresponsible NBA moves we've witnessed in the last 2 decades, and that includes the Billy King Nets.
RastaBull
Lead Assistant
And1: 2,599

Post#1046 » by RastaBull » Tue Apr 30, 2024 8:45 pm

I've seen a lot discussed about these thriving playoff teams and their very young stars. Namely: SGA, Hali, Edwards.

I think some take this and flip it to a team like the Bulls (and others) to say they need to offload assets and aim to find a star in the draft.

But it is worth noting that neither SGA nor Hali were drafted by their respective teams. Edwards was obviously a #1. Yes, OKC did otherwise build that roster through the draft, but lets be real, it's clear they would not even sniff the current success without SGA. Same for Indy and Hali. So I'm still very against tanking in order to hope for a draft pick that will produce a star.

But this does bring up, is there a way to similarly grab a very fresh prospect that hasn't exploded onto scene yet, but is clearly talented and has a higher ceiling (ala SGA when OKC traded George to Clips). Lavine is clearly no George in terms of value; so we aren't going to get a great prospect like SGA+5 first round picks. BUT, maybe there's a team out there we can get a SGA-like prospect plus some filler for Lavine

And by SGA-like, remember SGA was the #11 pick, and in his rookie year (only year with Clips) averaged 26 minutes, 10 ppg, 47%/36%. Good, talented obviously, but it is all about potential.

My thought on someone that fits that bill: Shaedon Sharpe. 7th pick. 10ppg on 22 mpg rookie year, bumped up to 16ppg on 33mpg this year. Anfernee is their star. Scoot is their #2 pick. Maybe Sharpe is their means to get a star scorer. (Also, I wouldn't mind Scoot as a target, just figure less likely as their #2).

Zach Lavine+Port pick for Sharpe (obviously doesn't work salary wise ... maybe a bad contract back ... maybe Ayton? ... maybe third team somehow ... I don't really want to take back Grant because it's so long)

Lavine+Vuc+Portland pick for Sharpe+Ayton+Brogdon works.

Any other lotto picks from last two years that you think could be the "SGA" to target? Jaden Ivy is a decent suggestion. Keegan Murray (but he's probably showed out too much). Anthony Black (do we want to risk being embarrassed by Magic in trade again?)
Doctor Drain wrote:Can a butterfly sing?
sco
RealGM
And1: 7,686

Post#1047 » by sco » Tue Apr 30, 2024 9:37 pm

RastaBull wrote:I've seen a lot discussed about these thriving playoff teams and their very young stars. Namely: SGA, Hali, Edwards.

I think some take this and flip it to a team like the Bulls (and others) to say they need to offload assets and aim to find a star in the draft.

But it is worth noting that neither SGA nor Hali were drafted by their respective teams. Edwards was obviously a #1. Yes, OKC did otherwise build that roster through the draft, but lets be real, it's clear they would not even sniff the current success without SGA. Same for Indy and Hali. So I'm still very against tanking in order to hope for a draft pick that will produce a star.

But this does bring up, is there a way to similarly grab a very fresh prospect that hasn't exploded onto scene yet, but is clearly talented and has a higher ceiling (ala SGA when OKC traded George to Clips). Lavine is clearly no George in terms of value; so we aren't going to get a great prospect like SGA+5 first round picks. BUT, maybe there's a team out there we can get a SGA-like prospect plus some filler for Lavine

And by SGA-like, remember SGA was the #11 pick, and in his rookie year (only year with Clips) averaged 26 minutes, 10 ppg, 47%/36%. Good, talented obviously, but it is all about potential.

My thought on someone that fits that bill: Shaedon Sharpe. 7th pick. 10ppg on 22 mpg rookie year, bumped up to 16ppg on 33mpg this year. Anfernee is their star. Scoot is their #2 pick. Maybe Sharpe is their means to get a star scorer. (Also, I wouldn't mind Scoot as a target, just figure less likely as their #2).

Zach Lavine+Port pick for Sharpe (obviously doesn't work salary wise ... maybe a bad contract back ... maybe Ayton? ... maybe third team somehow ... I don't really want to take back Grant because it's so long)

Any other lotto picks from last two years that you think could be the "SGA" to target? Jaden Ivy is a decent suggestion. Keegan Murray (but he's probably showed out too much). Anthony Black (do we want to risk being embarrassed by Magic in trade again?)

I agree that we should try to do this, but trying to do it before Zach has a chance to redeem himself and show that he's healthy will just end-up with zero value conveying to the Bulls.
:clap:
d boy gentleman
Analyst
And1: 1,321

Post#1048 » by d boy gentleman » Wed May 1, 2024 2:18 am

sco wrote:
RastaBull wrote:I've seen a lot discussed about these thriving playoff teams and their very young stars. Namely: SGA, Hali, Edwards.

I agree that we should try to do this, but trying to do it before Zach has a chance to redeem himself and show that he's healthy will just end-up with zero value conveying to the Bulls.

Blazers aren't trading Sharpe.
coldfish wrote:Zach should file a complaint. Some of those non calls were battery complaints.

Stratmaster wrote:Will Perdue says asinine things, and his pants are way too short.

sco wrote: New Orleans has to be one of the, if not THE hardest city to eat healthy. I think they fry the water.
Dan Z
RealGM
And1: 7,287

Post#1049 » by Dan Z » Wed May 1, 2024 3:09 am

d boy gentleman wrote:
sco wrote:

I agree that they're not trading him. I also think the Paul George trade was a rare situation because Kawhi pushed Los Angeles to get him. OKC knew that they the upper hand in terms of negotiations.

As for Indiana they had Sabonis to trade for Haliburton. The Bulls currently don't have a player like that.

It's not a bad idea, but I can't think of a young player that fits the bill and might be available. Maybe Cleveland decides it's not working and are willing to part with Mobley? If so, I'm sure they'd want a lot for him (which the Bulls also don't have).
ChiefILL53
Starter
And1: 832

Post#1050 » by ChiefILL53 » Wed May 1, 2024 12:48 pm

Delete this before JRoy sees it and lets you know Port isnt trading Sharpe for Zach (I agree they're not). However, this is what I'm hoping for with Zach's trade. I think valuable draft assets are out the question, so I'm hoping they target a young kid that's been ok for their team but looking to breakout. Players like Eason, AJ Griffin, Jarrace Walker, Jabari Smith (i dont think houston is trading him), Kris Murray are some of the names I'd look at who have been so-so or havent gotten much playing time that could break out if really given the chance. But it would depend on AKME deciding to focus on building a competitive team with younger players and letting them grow vs trying to take shortcuts via "win now" vets.
jc23 wrote:Goran + Lonzo + Zach = the Dragon Ball Z line up.
MrSparkle
RealGM
And1: 10,154

Post#1051 » by MrSparkle » Wed May 1, 2024 5:53 pm

ChiefILL53 wrote:

Delete this before JRoy sees it and lets you know Port isnt trading Sharpe for Zach (I agree they're not). However, this is what I'm hoping for with Zach's trade. I think valuable draft assets are out the question, so I'm hoping they target a young kid that's been ok for their team but looking to breakout. Players like Eason, AJ Griffin, Jarrace Walker, Jabari Smith (i dont think houston is trading him), Kris Murray are some of the names I'd look at who have been so-so or havent gotten much playing time that could break out if really given the chance. But it would depend on AKME deciding to focus on building a competitive team with younger players and letting them grow vs trying to take shortcuts via "win now" vets.

JRoy, our beloved official ambassador of all Bulls/Blazers relations since 2023. :lol: Get him an office at the Advocate Center.
Ccwatercraft
Assistant Coach
And1: 1,592

Post#1052 » by Ccwatercraft » Thu May 2, 2024 6:08 am

sco wrote:
patryk7754 wrote:Full Tank for Cooper Flagg

Trade 1:
Lavine to the Grizzlies for Clarke, Kennard, Williams and a 1st

Trade 2:
Vucevic to the Mavs for Green, Kleber, and a protected 1st

Trade 3:
White to the Nets for Schroder and a 1st

Trade 4:
Caruso to the Cavs for Niang and two 1sts

Roster:
Schroder/Carter
Kennard/Ayo
Green/Williams
Clarke
Kleber

No way Vuc nets us a FRP, costs us one to get rid of him, but no way we get a 1st. Also highly doubt Caruso nets 2 1sts given that he's got 1 year left on his deal now.

I was disappointed that demar s&t for a 6th first rounder wasn't on the list there. Lol. Putting that roster out there might get rid of Billy tho.
JRoy
RealGM
And1: 10,554

Post#1053 » by JRoy » Thu May 2, 2024 6:01 pm

d boy gentleman wrote:
sco wrote:

Nothing on CHI gets Sharpe.
Edrees wrote:
JRoy wrote:Monta Ellis have it all

I was hoping and expecting this to be one of the first replies. You did not disappoint. Jroy have it all.
JRoy
RealGM
And1: 10,554

Post#1054 » by JRoy » Thu May 2, 2024 6:02 pm

MrSparkle wrote:
ChiefILL53 wrote:

JRoy, our beloved official ambassador of all Bulls/Blazers relations since 2023. :lol: Get him an office at the Advocate Center.

I’ve been on RealGM since 2007 at least. I just lurked for 10 or 12 years before posting.
Edrees wrote:
JRoy wrote:Monta Ellis have it all

I was hoping and expecting this to be one of the first replies. You did not disappoint. Jroy have it all.
boozapalooza
Rookie
And1: 659

Post#1055 » by boozapalooza » Fri May 3, 2024 4:01 am

Seems clear NY is better off without Randle and will look to trade him this offseason. I’m sure there will be a ton of Randle for Lavine rumors. Honestly could have some legs to it. Randle only has 2 more years on his team as compared to 4 for Zach, would free up cap space quicker while still getting us a productive player in return. Makes some sense for NY also as a way to get another scorer behind Brunson.
ChettheJet
Head Coach
And1: 1,938

Post#1056 » by ChettheJet » Fri May 3, 2024 1:55 pm

Any thought of getting Randle means DeRozan HAS to go because you can't survive with 2 isolation guys, there's only one basketball. Lavine for all his faults and no matter if everybody wants to trade his contract, he still comes around with about 5 assists a game so he's not a black hole. To watch Randle you see how he works and probes for his shot and if he can't get it before the last 7 seconds on the shot clock he passes the ball to some unsuspecting teammate to fire up a shot. The obvious is pointed out, the Knicks are going pretty deep without him, if you're the Bulls you see that same thing and shouldn't think you can reinvent him.
Muzbar
Starter

Post#1057 » by Muzbar » Fri May 3, 2024 2:31 pm

boozapalooza wrote:Seems clear NY is better off without Randle and will look to trade him this offseason. I’m sure there will be a ton of Randle for Lavine rumors. Honestly could have some legs to it. Randle only has 2 more years on his team as compared to 4 for Zach, would free up cap space quicker while still getting us a productive player in return. Makes some sense for NY also as a way to get another scorer behind Brunson.

I don't think Zach is a good fit in NY, they've got a ton of good guards already making much less than LaVine (he also only has 3 years left on his deal).

But if, IF, the Bulls on hell bent 'staying competitive' and the Knicks have some semblance of interest in Zach, I'd look into a Randle+Bogdanovic deal for Zach plus filler.

But I don't think you could bring DeRozan back in that case.
ChettheJet
Head Coach
And1: 1,938

Post#1058 » by ChettheJet » Fri May 3, 2024 7:48 pm

Let's consider the story that PHIL wants the bigger stars that are out there, George, Ingram, Butler so they're moving on from Tobias Harris. Set Lavine aside for now. Lets say they find a team that wants some kind of S&T for Demar DeRozan. The Bulls could take back future picks and role players if that's what their S&T partner has to offer to clear space for Demar.

What's the price where the Bulls and Harris meet and for how long? No it's not going to be anywhere near the contract that he just finished up. Do the Bulls keep Patrick to make up the 3-4 front court with Craig and Phillips behind them? If the aim is to keep Caruso and bring back Javonte they actually get to play the guard position where their size now becomes an advantage on the defensive end.

Is the foursome of White, Dosunmu, Caruso and Green with an additional shooter enough of a backcourt so now you see what you can get for Lavine? Or does Zach start as that shooter and you move AC?

Harris Phillips
Williams Craig
Vucevic
White
Dosunmu Lavine/Caruso Green

plus
what they get for DeRozan
what they get for Lavine or Caruso
their lottery pick
there's a miracle and there's Lonzo Ball
Dan Z
RealGM
And1: 7,287

Post#1059 » by Dan Z » Fri May 3, 2024 7:58 pm

ChettheJet wrote:Let's consider the story that PHIL wants the bigger stars that are out there, George, Ingram, Butler so they're moving on from Tobias Harris. Set Lavine aside for now. Lets say they find a team that wants some kind of S&T for Demar DeRozan. The Bulls could take back future picks and role players if that's what their S&T partner has to offer to clear space for Demar.

What's the price where the Bulls and Harris meet and for how long? No it's not going to be anywhere near the contract that he just finished up. Do the Bulls keep Patrick to make up the 3-4 front court with Craig and Phillips behind them? If the aim is to keep Caruso and bring back Javonte they actually get to play the guard position where their size now becomes an advantage on the defensive end.

Is the foursome of White, Dosunmu, Caruso and Green with an additional shooter enough of a backcourt so now you see what you can get for Lavine? Or does Zach start as that shooter and you move AC?

Harris Phillips
Williams Craig
Vucevic
White
Dosunmu Lavine/Caruso Green

plus
what they get for DeRozan
what they get for Lavine or Caruso
their lottery pick
there's a miracle and there's Lonzo Ball

Tobias Harris in the playoffs against the Knicks: .431 FG, .333 from three, 9 points a game, 7.2 rebounds and 1.5 assists. In the last game he played 29 minutes and had 0 points, 3 assists and 4 rebounds.

He's an okay player, but he's soon to be 32 years old. At the price he'll ask for I wouldn't want to sign him.

The Bulls need to move in a new direction, even though I don't think they'll really do that. But I'd rather re-sign DDR than S&T him for Harris.
Muzbar
Starter

Post#1060 » by Muzbar » Sat May 4, 2024 1:29 pm

I think the Warriors are a good trade partner for Zach and Vucevic.

My favourite deal is:

Bulls receive:
Chris Paul
Jonathan Kuminga
Andrew Wiggins

Warriors receive:
Zach LaVine
Nikola Vucevic

Yeah I get Wiggins isn't great, but he's paid nearly half as much as Zach plus you rid yourself of Vucevic (that's a win to me) and then there's Kuminga, that guy it's going to be a stud.

However, the Warriors may not agree to trade Kuminga, if that's the case, substitute Kuminga for Moody and TJD and if you're really against Wiggins, then get Utah involved as a third team and move Wiggins there for John Collins (probably add some seconds from GS to get Ainge to bite.)

Not sure there's many other suitors for Zach, and much less for Vucevic.

Return to Chicago Bulls