Image ImageImage Image

Around The NBA : 2023-24 Season #2

Moderators: HomoSapien, GimmeDat, Payt10, RedBulls23, coldfish, AshyLarrysDiaper, fleet, kulaz3000, Michael Jackson, Ice Man, dougthonus, Tommy Udo 6 , DASMACKDOWN

Hangtime84
RealGM
And1: 4,387

Re: Around The NBA : 2023-24 Season #2 

Post#1561 » by Hangtime84 » Sat May 4, 2024 9:42 pm

Ice Man wrote:"You don't have to run plays for them" - Kidd on the virtues of Daniel Gafford (and PJ Washington).

Yep, that's my kind of center, unless his name is Nikola or Joel. We need to go back to having a center like that. A WCJ/Gafford combo would do just fine.

WCJ didn't like his role here. But adjusted in Orlando the irony.
Jcool0 wrote:
aguifs wrote:Do we have a friggin plan?

If the Bulls do, you would be complaining to much to ever hear it.

NBA fan logic we need to trade one of two best players because (Player X) one needs to shine more.
Dan Z
RealGM
And1: 7,291

Post#1562 » by Dan Z » Sat May 4, 2024 9:52 pm

madvillian wrote:give me jimmy, **** it. might as well have some drama around the team if we're gonna strive for another 40 win play in spot.

What would you trade for him?
Muzbar
Starter
And1: 1,448

Post#1563 » by Muzbar » Sat May 4, 2024 10:06 pm

Dan Z wrote:
madvillian wrote:give me jimmy, **** it. might as well have some drama around the team if we're gonna strive for another 40 win play in spot.

Three way trade involving Utah.

Zach, Lauri and Kris Dunn (S&T)

For Jimmy Butler...
Go Bulls... I guess!? Right!?
Dan Z
RealGM

Post#1564 » by Dan Z » Sat May 4, 2024 10:23 pm

Muzbar wrote:
Dan Z wrote:

For Jimmy Butler...

I imagine that the Jazz would rather have Markkanen than Zach, but if the Bulls could do that then they should.
Michael Jackson
Forum Mod - Bulls
Forum Mod - Bulls
And1: 10,673

Post#1565 » by Michael Jackson » Sat May 4, 2024 10:25 pm

Hangtime84 wrote:
Ice Man wrote:"You don't have to run plays for them" - Kidd on the virtues of Daniel Gafford (and PJ Washington).

Yep, that's my kind of center, unless his name is Nikola or Joel. We need to go back to having a center like that. A WCJ/Gafford combo would do just fine.

It was a better system for him and he got more outside shots and played more PF pre Banchero. Wendell was a tough fit here with Lauri honestly and he was getting demolished on defense. Orlando is a better situation for sure. Now losing Gafford sucked but still to this day (well Ball would have helped) we would not utilize his rim running. Russ opened him up and Luka/Kyrie are a nice tandem for him.
Dan Z
RealGM

Post#1566 » by Dan Z » Sat May 4, 2024 11:10 pm

Michael Jackson wrote:
Hangtime84 wrote:

It was a better system for him and he got more outside shots and played more PF pre Banchero. Wendell was a tough fit here with Lauri honestly and he was getting demolished on defense. Orlando is a better situation for sure. Now losing Gafford sucked but still to this day (well Ball would have helped) we would not utilize his rim running. Russ opened him up and Luka/Kyrie are a nice tandem for him.

It seems like when AK took the job he either didn't value the young players on the roster or wanted to ship them out so he could put in his own players.

WCJ and Markkanen both has their issues in Chicago, but AK didn't get much for them (will the Portland pick every convey?). Gafford was okay. Was one reason they traded him a salary issue (meaning he was up for an extension soon?). AK got Troy Brown Jr who didn't do much.
Michael Jackson
Forum Mod - Bulls
Forum Mod - Bulls
And1: 10,673

Post#1567 » by Michael Jackson » Sat May 4, 2024 11:39 pm

Dan Z wrote:
Michael Jackson wrote:
Hangtime84 wrote:WCJ didn't like his role here. But adjusted in Orlando the irony.

It seems like when AK took the job he either didn't value the young players on the roster or wanted to ship them out so he could put in his own players.

WCJ and Markkanen both has their issues in Chicago, but AK didn't get much for them (will the Portland pick every convey?). Gafford was okay. Was one reason they traded him a salary issue (meaning he was up for an extension soon?). AK got Troy Brown Jr who didn't do much.

Oh he absolutely wanted his guys and changed "optics" away from anything GarPax... Actually team was better but just not much better and completely handcuffed now. Went from a D- team to a C- team with no chance to improve
MrSparkle
RealGM
And1: 10,155

Post#1568 » by MrSparkle » Sun May 5, 2024 1:14 am

Wolves/Nuggets series lives up to the bill. I feel like I’m watching 2001 era basketball, but 3x the 3Ps. Great game.

I wonder if Arturas stopped watching basketball in 2021. There’s a lot of height and mass on the court.
PaKii94
RealGM
And1: 6,554

Post#1569 » by PaKii94 » Sun May 5, 2024 1:16 am

Naz ried would have been another good sneaky C pickup. Alas
Chi town
RealGM
And1: 7,068

Post#1570 » by Chi town » Sun May 5, 2024 1:30 am

MrSparkle wrote:Wolves/Nuggets series lives up to the bill. I feel like I’m watching 2001 era basketball, but 3x the 3Ps. Great game.

I wonder if Arturas stopped watching basketball in 2021. There’s a lot of height and mass on the court.

Yep.

Nuggs have no answer for Edwards. He locks up Murray and KCP is t strong enough to defend him.

Would be wild if Wolves won and played Celts in finals.
Muzbar
Starter
And1: 1,448

Post#1571 » by Muzbar » Sun May 5, 2024 1:36 am

Dan Z wrote:
Muzbar wrote:
Dan Z wrote:

For Jimmy Butler...

I imagine that the Jazz would rather have Markkanen than Zach, but if the Bulls could do that then they should.

Please tell me you got the joke Dan and I'm just misinterpreting your response...?
Go Bulls... I guess!? Right!?
dumbell78
General Manager
And1: 5,311

Post#1572 » by dumbell78 » Sun May 5, 2024 1:45 am

Wolves have a lot of bodies they can throw around and THAT ONE GUY that can do what he wants when he wants. I talked about the Nuggets bench being an issue. Wolves bench (Reid) took that 4th quarter over. KAT had 5 fouls and sat, didnt matter.
KC: Do you still think you're a championship-caliber team?
Gar: I never said that and correct me if I'm wrong.
KC: You were asked that question at the news conference announcing Thibodeau's dismissal and you answered yes
MrSparkle
RealGM

Post#1573 » by MrSparkle » Sun May 5, 2024 1:45 am

Muzbar wrote:
Dan Z wrote:
Muzbar wrote:Three way trade involving Utah.

For Jimmy Butler...

Please tell me you got the joke Dan and I'm just misinterpreting your response...?

Throw in Feliciano.
*joke ruined*
Dan Z
RealGM

Post#1574 » by Dan Z » Sun May 5, 2024 2:31 am

Muzbar wrote:
Dan Z wrote:

For Jimmy Butler...

Yeah I missed it...

Now I know why I was confused by your post. haha.
Repeat 3-peat
RealGM
And1: 14,672

Post#1575 » by Repeat 3-peat » Sun May 5, 2024 2:39 am

Ant is special.
SalmonsSuperfan
Starter
And1: 2,148

Post#1576 » by SalmonsSuperfan » Sun May 5, 2024 5:20 am

Muzbar wrote:
Dan Z wrote:

For Jimmy Butler...

It's a funny joke because there's a shred of believability to it. It's all technically possible.
Ice Man
Forum Mod - Bulls
Forum Mod - Bulls
And1: 13,738

Post#1577 » by Ice Man » Sun May 5, 2024 11:47 am

I wondered if Denver struggled against the Lakers because the Lakers were that good, or because Denver with an ailing Murray is in trouble. Clearly, last night showed it is the latter. MPJ and Gordon are very good players but pure system guys. They are useless if you try to get them to create rather than just finish. So, what's left but Jokic, Jokic, Jokic, and Jokic? (Plus a bit of Reggie Jackson off the bench.)

It's very difficult to win that way, no matter who the star is.
Ice Man
Forum Mod - Bulls
Forum Mod - Bulls
And1: 13,738

Post#1578 » by Ice Man » Sun May 5, 2024 12:05 pm

RealGM headline - "Russell Westbook May Leave Clippers for a Better Opportunity" You gotta know my reaction to that one -

If you paid Russ $5 for next season, you just wasted money that could have been used to buy a cappuccino. Seriously, I would not want him on my team at even a G league salary.
MrSparkle
RealGM

Post#1579 » by MrSparkle » Sun May 5, 2024 12:48 pm

Ice Man wrote:I wondered if Denver struggled against the Lakers because the Lakers were that good, or because Denver with an ailing Murray is in trouble. Clearly, last night showed it is the latter. MPJ and Gordon are very good players but pure system guys. They are useless if you try to get them to create rather than just finish. So, what's left but Jokic, Jokic, Jokic, and Jokic? (Plus a bit of Reggie Jackson off the bench.)

It's very difficult to win that way, no matter who the star is.

It was just a game 1… but Wolves are built better than anybody to stop Jokic and the Nugs. They do shoot a lower 3P volume and run all that PnR into the paint. Hard to be as effective against the tallest/biggest PF/C rotation in the league. Conley/McDaniels/Edwards are no slouches on the perimeter.

But even if injured, I’d expect atleast a big game or two out of Jamal.
DuckIII
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 33,773

Post#1580 » by DuckIII » Sun May 5, 2024 12:59 pm

Yeah, Minny is a very tough matchup for Denver. And Ant is hitting the beginning of his 10 year run as an elite superstar. It’s here.

I know all the memes but there really is a lot of truth to the MJ comps. I’m old enough to have watched MJ’s entire career. The way his body is proportioned, how he moves with the ball, how he defends, if any young person asked who reminds you the most of MJ it’s Ant by a mile. It’s kinda weird actually.
Once a pickle, never a cucumber again.

Return to Chicago Bulls