Image ImageImage Image

2024 NBA Draft - DA BULLS Edition Pick #11

Moderators: HomoSapien, Payt10, RedBulls23, coldfish, fleet, AshyLarrysDiaper, kulaz3000, Michael Jackson, Ice Man, dougthonus, Tommy Udo 6 , DASMACKDOWN, GimmeDat

R3AL1TY
General Manager
And1: 2,318

Re: 2024 NBA Draft - DA BULLS Edition Pick #11 

Post#581 » by R3AL1TY » Sat May 18, 2024 6:19 pm

ChiTownHero1992 wrote:
DuckIII wrote:
Mindcrime wrote:With this year's draft being such a crap shot, why not go with the raw talent that has the most upside IF developed properly? Not that I expect AKME to do it since they alrady swinged on Terry and Phillips and I don't really trust them developing, but at #11 I can't see anything else intriguing than Cody Williams. He has enough lenght for the position at almost 6'8, verry athletic and despite being graded low on the defensive side has pretty good and fast hands poking the ball for fastbreaks.

If AK believes he will be able to sign DDR and be “competitive” the next two years I’d be extremely surprised if he used the 11 pick on a high upside project.

Firmly believe AKME takes Edey at 11 thinking that he'll be the savior to the frontcourt problems/as well as a Drummond "replacement" and then watch him bust....

Filipowski looks more like the AK type which I wouldn't mind. But I don't see whoever they pick at #11 as a savior unless they prove otherwise.
DuckIII
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 33,893

Post#582 » by DuckIII » Sat May 18, 2024 6:56 pm

Edey is like nearly the opposite style of what AK appears to want in bigs. I just can’t see AK taking him at 11. I don’t even see AK interested in acquiring a later pick to get him, because I can’t see AK wanting him at all (whether I agree or not).
Once a pickle, never a cucumber again.
R3AL1TY
General Manager

Post#583 » by R3AL1TY » Sat May 18, 2024 7:09 pm

Edey looks like a better version of Tacko Fall but he's still not fast enough to get more than 15 mins of playing time in the NBA.
Dan Z
RealGM
And1: 7,314

Post#584 » by Dan Z » Sat May 18, 2024 7:56 pm

SfBull wrote:
Dan Z wrote:
SfBull wrote:Why would you pick an injured point guard with #11?
Better trade the pick ,we need improvement now.

Embiid and Chet Holgren were picked high and couldn't play their first year due to injuries. Michael Porter Jr also dropped in the draft due to injury concerns.

If Topic is there at 11 (I'd be surprised) you pick him because you believe in his future potential.

Is him that good?I understand the logic of drafting high potential guys like Embiid and Porter but don't know nothing of Topic

I don't know enough about him to really say, but he's rated high in most mock drafts. The Bulls should pick BPA and shouldn't worry about improving immediately. The team isn't going very far as it currently stands so if AK believes in Topic (long term) then he should take him. Plus, his injury sounds like it's not as bad as many initially though it would be.
TheSuzerain
RealGM
And1: 10,944

Post#585 » by TheSuzerain » Sat May 18, 2024 8:04 pm

Filipkowski over Edey would be a joke.

Flip stinks.
TheSuzerain
RealGM
And1: 10,944

Post#586 » by TheSuzerain » Sat May 18, 2024 8:07 pm

DuckIII wrote:Edey is like nearly the opposite style of what AK appears to want in bigs. I just can’t see AK taking him at 11. I don’t even see AK interested in acquiring a later pick to get him, because I can’t see AK wanting him at all (whether I agree or not).

This is pretty high praise for Edey, duck
R3AL1TY
General Manager

Post#587 » by R3AL1TY » Sat May 18, 2024 8:10 pm

Observing teams like OKC and the Magic, the best route for the Bulls is to keep adding young talent and to make good picks in the draft.
Chi town
RealGM
And1: 7,102

Post#588 » by Chi town » Sat May 18, 2024 8:47 pm

TheSuzerain wrote:Filipkowski over Edey would be a joke.

Flip stinks.

Fully agree.

I’ll take 20 players over Flip. Including Misi.
DuckIII
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#589 » by DuckIII » Sat May 18, 2024 9:20 pm

TheSuzerain wrote:
DuckIII wrote:Edey is like nearly the opposite style of what AK appears to want in bigs. I just can’t see AK taking him at 11. I don’t even see AK interested in acquiring a later pick to get him, because I can’t see AK wanting him at all (whether I agree or not).

This is pretty high praise for Edey, duck

Haha. Touché. :lol:
DuckIII
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#590 » by DuckIII » Sat May 18, 2024 9:23 pm

Chi town wrote:
TheSuzerain wrote:Filipkowski over Edey would be a joke.

Flip stinks.

Fully agree.

I’ll take 20 players over Flip. Including Misi.

I’m not down with either of them at 11. But if you told me we absolutely had no choice but to draft one of them I’d take Edey by a mile and hope like hell his special trait translates at a high level and you can mitigate his defensive issues. There’s at least a chance he could bring something really special to the table to create mismatches.

Flip is whatever but it would be the lowest of potential rewards for an 11 pick. His ceiling is JAG. And that’s not a bad thing at all to end up with at 11 at the end of a career. But we gotta swing for something that could be more even if it fails.
DuckIII
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#591 » by DuckIII » Sat May 18, 2024 9:27 pm

R3AL1TY wrote:Observing teams like OKC and the Magic, the best route for the Bulls is to keep adding young talent and to make good picks in the draft.

They did more than that though, which AK won’t do. They got young. Period. And acquired additional draft picks while doing so. And then stayed young and struggled a bit while drafting well.
prolific passer
Assistant Coach
And1: 1,301

Post#592 » by prolific passer » Sat May 18, 2024 10:40 pm

R3AL1TY wrote:Observing teams like OKC and the Magic, the best route for the Bulls is to keep adding young talent and to make good picks in the draft.

True but ak's draft record isn't all that and he had a chance to possibly get a bunch of picks last year.
League Circles
RealGM
And1: 9,211

Post#593 » by League Circles » Sat May 18, 2024 10:41 pm

I haven't watched Edey like others have, but I can't help but wonder if our theoretical defensive philosophy of "4 athletic medium size wings overhelping and switching to cover for the severe limitations of our slow C" that was meant for Vuc might actually work with Edey.

Just cause, while maybe as slow or slower than Vuc, at least he projects to be a wildly, wildly better shot challenger and rim protector anywhere near the basket than Vuc right?

He's the kind of guy that might make sense to build a defensive system around where he literally stays just outside of the restricted zone the whole time.
https://august-shop.com/ - sneakers and streetwear
Muzbar
Starter
And1: 1,466

Post#594 » by Muzbar » Sat May 18, 2024 11:00 pm

The more I watch Kel'el Ware, the more I think I want him at 11. He so versatile offensively, scoring in a variety of ways. He's a modern big.
Go Bulls... I guess!? Right!?
R3AL1TY
General Manager

Post#595 » by R3AL1TY » Sat May 18, 2024 11:20 pm

DuckIII wrote:

They did more than that though, which AK won’t do. They got young. Period. And acquired additional draft picks while doing so. And then stayed young and struggled a bit while drafting well.

I think AK has no choice but to go this route now since the league is heading in that direction. He may still keep Demar around for leadership but I don't see him using him as a priority scorer next time around. The 2 most promising players (Ayo and Coby,) are under 25 and are next up as far as taking on the scoring load. But trading to stack more draft picks will help things even more. Hopefully they can use Zach and Caruso for that.
R3AL1TY
General Manager

Post#596 » by R3AL1TY » Sat May 18, 2024 11:24 pm

prolific passer wrote:

True but ak's draft record isn't all that and he had a chance to possibly get a bunch of picks last year.

I'm gonna cut AK some slack since GarPax had way more time. But if he can't get another good pick after Ayo these next 2 years, then he either needs to hire better scouts or move on from his job.
prolific passer
Assistant Coach
And1: 1,301

Post#597 » by prolific passer » Sat May 18, 2024 11:30 pm

R3AL1TY wrote:
prolific passer wrote:

I'm gonna cut AK some slack since GarPax had way more time. But if he can't get another good pick after Ayo these next 2 years, then he either needs to hire better scouts or move on from his job.

If ak isn't good at drafting then he should have focused on making trades for players to help improve the team. He hasn't done that either with some possible offers on the table. He just seems like a mess overall as a GM with no real plan.
R3AL1TY
General Manager

Post#598 » by R3AL1TY » Sat May 18, 2024 11:46 pm

prolific passer wrote:
R3AL1TY wrote:
prolific passer wrote:True but ak's draft record isn't all that and he had a chance to possibly get a bunch of picks last year.

If ak isn't good at drafting then he should have focused on making trades for players to help improve the team. He hasn't done that either with some possible offers on the table. He just seems like a mess overall as a GM with no real plan.

He technically did it already to acquire Demar and Vuc but Lonzo's and Zach's injuries derailed things. If anything, he should have been more patient with the other GarPax picks outside of Coby (Lauri and Wendell) and hold on to their 1st round pick.
Dan Z
RealGM
And1: 7,314

Post#599 » by Dan Z » Sun May 19, 2024 12:03 am

R3AL1TY wrote:
DuckIII wrote:

I think AK has no choice but to go this route now since the league is heading in that direction. He may still keep Demar around for leadership but I don't see him using him as a priority scorer next time around. The 2 most promising players (Ayo and Coby,) are under 25 and are next up as far as taking on the scoring load. But trading to stack more draft picks will help things even more. Hopefully they can use Zach and Caruso for that.

Based on everything AK has said I'd be surprised if he moves in a new direction. I think it's more likely that he signs DDR to a three year contract, keeps Caruso all season and trades Zach for something (what that will be...I have no idea).

I also wouldn't be surprised if he traded the pick, but I think he ultimately keeps it.
DuckIII
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#600 » by DuckIII » Sun May 19, 2024 12:16 am

R3AL1TY wrote:
prolific passer wrote:

Paxson got way more time because he earned it by drafting extremely well early and then maintaining a strong draft record throughout his career. When he stepped back Gar struggled a little with the draft relative to Paxson. But there is no comparison. AK has hit on one pick and it was an obvious second rounder that fell into his lap. Don’t get me wrong, he still gets full credit for actually taking him. But my point is it’s his only hit and it’s not like it was some farsighted creative one to be weighed heavily.

Return to Chicago Bulls