Image ImageImage Image

Potential Zach Trade Partners? Playoff Edition.

Moderators: HomoSapien, Michael Jackson, kulaz3000, dougthonus, Ice Man, Tommy Udo 6 , DASMACKDOWN, GimmeDat, Payt10, coldfish, RedBulls23, AshyLarrysDiaper, fleet

jnrjr79
Assistant Coach
And1: 2,498

Re: Potential Zach Trade Partners? Playoff Edition. 

Post#321 » by jnrjr79 » Sat May 11, 2024 1:37 pm

Rose2Boozer wrote:
Muzbar wrote:
patryk7754 wrote:I just learned that the 76ers have 3 players under contract once the offseason starts (based on ESPN trade machine). The 76ers could just flip what they got for Harden and just absorb Lavine straight up. The seems to be the most likely situation

The 6ers have much bigger plans than absorbing Zach LaVines contract. I don't expect Philly to show much interest in Zach.

I don't think the Sixers would absorb Lavine, but it's highly probable that they'll absorb Caruso. The Sixers have a lot of roster spots to fill, and Maxey gets his max this summer. I don't think they'll have much interest in big money free agents like Lavine or George.

The Hornets are another team who can give the Bulls relief from Lavine's contract next season. AK could send them Lavine for Bertans and Micic. The Hornets would be absorbing twenty million onto their books. It would be crazy if Lavine and Lonzo ended up in Charlotte.

I mean, *I* think they should probably build out the roster, but there’s no reason to predict Daryl Morey wouldn’t build a team around 3 max guys.
ChettheJet
Head Coach
And1: 1,941

Post#322 » by ChettheJet » Sat May 11, 2024 2:12 pm

Muzbar wrote:NO would be taking on an additional 7m in salary, it would work, but would the Pels be willing to take on an additional 7m for just Zach LaVine? Especially when they already have McCollum on board, I know people say McCollum is their PG, but he's not a PG and is pretty much the same player as Zach.

My main concerns with Ingram is he's just played his second highest amount of games in a season (64) ever, he's not very durable. Ingram is also on an expiring deal so they'd then have to probably extend him, probably to Zach like money (or more), maybe pump his value and trade him at the deadline or lose him for nothing in the following offseason.

I feel like the Bulls would have to give up extra to swap the players also.

I'm definitely in the trade into capspace for draft capital and role players.

As the off season begins for some there's plenty of talk, including that NO could be looking to move CJ. So to believe that talk.

Their thinking could be to bring in Zach as CJ moves on, not that they see Zach as an upgrade or better in any given circumstances but he's different and they see a change up as what helps them They could have a PG that they think does more for the offense than CJ, they may have a longer range shooter at the SF they like the want to try a 3 guard lineup. For sure NO knows where they're at and what their current prospects are for going deeper in the playoffs.

As for the Bulls, The upside would be moving a guard for a PF. If they feel with one more off season of work Coby and Ayo can be the answer they get the minutes. Yes Ingram's injury history just about matches Zach's, the question then becomes what are the next moves. Is Caruso leaving, do they want to bring back DeRozan? Do any or all of Terry, Carter, Bitim return and how much do they play? Who do they draft? If it's bringing back Williams to pair with Ingram they could have Craig and Phillips behind them plus a couple more behind them.

People need to look beyond what the trade machine says works and look at where deals leave the Bulls, what moves they trigger and how do they come out two moves later.
sco
RealGM
And1: 7,692

Post#323 » by sco » Mon May 13, 2024 1:10 pm

I am of the mind that AK will try to trade Zach for one of this year's tainted stars on the move, and will likely need to add a 1st into the mix to make it happen in the offseason due to his injury discount/performance last season.

So guys I could see right now are:
Trae
Ingram
Bridges
maybe Zion
doubtful Butler
very doubtful Spider

The Lakers situation is interesting because I could see them settling for Zach if they whiff on Young, or maybe ATL prefers to Zach to the LA assets in a 3-way.

Detroit could do something but they aren't sending anyone who is better than a marginal starter or heavily protected 1sts. So it would be guys like Fournier, Stewart, Grimes, Thompson, Fonteccio, Sasser and/or Ivey. Although one could argue that Stewart, Grimes (who I think will bounce back after a bad/injured season) and Thompson (who could improve offensively, but looks like another Terry to me) could help us.

Orlando seems like an ever bigger desperation move because you'd need to bet on a guy like Isaac staying healthy or some of their young guys who've shown very little like Howard or Houstain becoming more than bench guys. I can't see AK being able to sell that deal.
:clap:
Rose2Boozer
Starter
And1: 661

Post#324 » by Rose2Boozer » Mon May 13, 2024 1:18 pm

The Pistons aren't trading the Bulls their fifth pick for Lavine. They'll more than likely be willing to part with Jaden Ivey.

Bulls: Fournier and Ivey
Pistons: Lavine
ROLES & HOLES
Muzbar
Starter
And1: 1,451

Post#325 » by Muzbar » Mon May 13, 2024 1:41 pm

Rose2Boozer wrote:The Pistons aren't trading the Bulls their fifth pick for Lavine. They'll more than likely be willing to part with Jaden Ivey.

Ivey has more value than the 5th pick in this draft, Ivey would probably be the top pick in this draft.
Go Bulls... I guess!? Right!?
Jcool0
RealGM
And1: 7,850

Post#326 » by Jcool0 » Mon May 13, 2024 1:56 pm

Muzbar wrote:
Rose2Boozer wrote:The Pistons aren't trading the Bulls their fifth pick for Lavine. They'll more than likely be willing to part with Jaden Ivey.

Ivey has more value than the 5th pick in this draft, Ivey would probably be the top pick in this draft.

6'4" 195lbs combo guards with 46/35/74 splits don't go #1.
Muzbar
Starter
And1: 1,451

Post#327 » by Muzbar » Mon May 13, 2024 2:18 pm

Jcool0 wrote:
Muzbar wrote:

Have you seen then other talent options in this draft? He'd go number 1 this year in my opinion.

That said if they want to part ways with Ivey for Zach, I'm all in.
Go Bulls... I guess!? Right!?
MrSparkle
RealGM
And1: 10,166

Post#328 » by MrSparkle » Mon May 13, 2024 2:25 pm

I'd rather have a top-10 pick than Ivey.

AKME are due for picking a competent starter with a 4-year rookie salary; not some complicated project. If they can't do this with multiple darts, then they should be fired. These guys' draft record stinks so hard right now. Making Isiah Thomas look great.
Andi Obst
General Manager
And1: 6,565

Post#329 » by Andi Obst » Mon May 13, 2024 2:30 pm

Discuss Ivey vs top pick in 2024 all you want, you're getting neither for LaVine. I thought we could be realistic by now :lol:
...formerly known as Little Nathan.

jc23 wrote:the fate of humanity rides on Chicago winning this game.
Peelboy
Starter
And1: 1,014

Post#330 » by Peelboy » Mon May 13, 2024 2:36 pm

Honestly, I would expect more likely is something like Lavine+11 for Ivey or 5 + salary. Detroit doesn't really move much in the draft given the dispersion in this particular draft, gets the closest thing to a star caliber guy that they're likely to and a guy who with Cade as PG might be a better fit off-ball.
Jcool0
RealGM
And1: 7,850

Post#331 » by Jcool0 » Mon May 13, 2024 3:05 pm

Muzbar wrote:
Jcool0 wrote:
Muzbar wrote:Ivey has more value than the 5th pick in this draft, Ivey would probably be the top pick in this draft.

Have you seen then other talent options in this draft? He'd go number 1 this year in my opinion.

That said if they want to part ways with Ivey for Zach, I'm all in.

Alexandre Sarr has more upside then Ivey.
ChiTownHero1992
Veteran
And1: 1,582

Post#332 » by ChiTownHero1992 » Mon May 13, 2024 5:04 pm

sco wrote:I am of the mind that AK will try to trade Zach for one of this year's tainted stars on the move, and will likely need to add a 1st into the mix to make it happen in the offseason due to his injury discount/performance last season.

Trae
Ingram
Bridges
maybe Zion
doubtful Butler
very doubtful Spider

The Lakers situation is interesting because I could see them settling for Zach if they whiff on Young, or maybe ATL prefers to Zach to the LA assets in a 3-way.

Detroit could do something but they aren't sending anyone who is better than a marginal starter or heavily protected 1sts. So it would be guys like Fournier, Stewart, Grimes, Thompson, Fonteccio, Sasser and/or Ivey. Although one could argue that Stewart, Grimes (who I think will bounce back after a bad/injured season) and Thompson (who could improve offensively, but looks like another Terry to me) could help us.

Orlando seems like an ever bigger desperation move because you'd need to bet on a guy like Isaac staying healthy or some of their young guys who've shown very little like Howard or Houstain becoming more than bench guys. I can't see AK being able to sell that deal.

I've never seen a worse list of trade partners/ "assets" in my life...Lavine's stock has plumited and I called that years ago but I dont want part in ANY of the players you mentioned. All of which truly just keep us in the exact same treadmill situation for the forseable future wich if thats the plan keep Lavine and be mediocre. Trae would be terrible and would mean that we have given up on Ayo/Coby for certain. Ingram is great on a bad team or a 3rd option on a good team. Bridges - see Ingram. Zion if healthy awesome but are we willing to gamble on the health? Butler no point, we get a what 2 year rental? Lakers have 0 assets worth a damn right now. Detroit you could maybe squeak the 5th or Ivey but is either worth sending Lavine to a division rival and watching them possibly be better than you for the forseable future? Orlando makes sense but again for a guy who missed multiple years...that makes very little sense for Chicago.
sco
RealGM

Post#333 » by sco » Mon May 13, 2024 5:13 pm

ChiTownHero1992 wrote:
sco wrote:I am of the mind that AK will try to trade Zach for one of this year's tainted stars on the move, and will likely need to add a 1st into the mix to make it happen in the offseason due to his injury discount/performance last season.

Trae
Ingram
Bridges
maybe Zion
doubtful Butler
very doubtful Spider

I've never seen a worse list of trade partners/ "assets" in my life...Lavine's stock has plumited and I called that years ago but I dont want part in ANY of the players you mentioned. All of which truly just keep us in the exact same treadmill situation for the forseable future wich if thats the plan keep Lavine and be mediocre. Trae would be terrible and would mean that we have given up on Ayo/Coby for certain. Ingram is great on a bad team or a 3rd option on a good team. Bridges - see Ingram. Zion if healthy awesome but are we willing to gamble on the health? Butler no point, we get a what 2 year rental? Lakers have 0 assets worth a damn right now. Detroit you could maybe squeak the 5th or Ivey but is either worth sending Lavine to a division rival and watching them possibly be better than you for the forseable future? Orlando makes sense but again for a guy who missed multiple years...that makes very little sense for Chicago.

I said what I think AK will do because he seemed to have backed himself into a corner with Zach (for no good reason IMO). I would definitely prefer that we keep Zach and try to rehabilitate his trade value (which IMO is near negative right now).
kulaz3000
Forum Mod - Bulls
Forum Mod - Bulls
And1: 23,855

Post#334 » by kulaz3000 » Mon May 20, 2024 5:07 am

Andi Obst wrote:Discuss Ivey vs top pick in 2024 all you want, you're getting neither for LaVine. I thought we could be realistic by now :lol:

Sad but this is the truth. Perhaps last season when he was actually on the floor and producing at a good level, but not this season when he is coming off an injury and an average season. The proposed deal I believe before the trade deadline, and Zach decided to opt for surgery was just filler salaries of average players, with no real assets in return. It would have effectively been a salary dump. However, they may end up getting a LITTLE more in return as far as assets goes, because during the off season salaries don't need to match.
Why so serious?
TyrusRose2425
Head Coach
And1: 4,591

Post#335 » by TyrusRose2425 » Mon May 20, 2024 6:43 am

Probably a long shot but I wonder if Cleveland has any interest in Lavine + for Mitchell. Downgrade, but it *should* keep them in the playoff race. Not sure what other offers would look like though.
Hangtime84
RealGM
And1: 4,390

Post#336 » by Hangtime84 » Mon May 20, 2024 12:26 pm

Andi Obst wrote:Discuss Ivey vs top pick in 2024 all you want, you're getting neither for LaVine. I thought we could be realistic by now :lol:

You think AK is a down on Lavine i doubt it.
Jcool0 wrote:
aguifs wrote:Do we have a friggin plan?

If the Bulls do, you would be complaining to much to ever hear it.

NBA fan logic we need to trade one of two best players because (Player X) one needs to shine more.
Hangtime84
RealGM
And1: 4,390

Post#337 » by Hangtime84 » Mon May 20, 2024 12:27 pm

TyrusRose2425 wrote:Probably a long shot but I wonder if Cleveland has any interest in Lavine + for Mitchell. Downgrade, but it *should* keep them in the playoff race. Not sure what other offers would look like though.

Those are the type of situations they are looking for also look at the PG situation.
Jcool0 wrote:
aguifs wrote:Do we have a friggin plan?

If the Bulls do, you would be complaining to much to ever hear it.

NBA fan logic we need to trade one of two best players because (Player X) one needs to shine more.
sco
RealGM

Post#338 » by sco » Mon May 20, 2024 12:28 pm

TyrusRose2425 wrote:Probably a long shot but I wonder if Cleveland has any interest in Lavine + for Mitchell. Downgrade, but it *should* keep them in the playoff race. Not sure what other offers would look like though.

Only reason Mitchell is considering CLE would be to go home to NY, IMO. So seems a bit too risky to me. Although, with the Knicks as my 2nd fav team, I'm interested to see what happens there.
dougthonus
Senior Mod - Bulls
Senior Mod - Bulls
And1: 15,907

Post#339 » by dougthonus » Mon May 20, 2024 12:35 pm

FWIW, on the most recent Bulls Talk, KC Johnson said there was 0 chatter about LaVine at the combine. He said most trade chatter was centered around Brandon Ingram and to a lesser extent Trae Young. He did note just because he didn't hear anything didn't mean someone else wasn't talking about it, but he said he spent most of the combine networking with execs.
http://linktr.ee/bullsbeat - links to the bullsbeat podcast
@doug_thonus on twitter
sco
RealGM

Post#340 » by sco » Mon May 20, 2024 1:16 pm

dougthonus wrote:FWIW, on the most recent Bulls Talk, KC Johnson said there was 0 chatter about LaVine at the combine. He said most trade chatter was centered around Brandon Ingram and to a lesser extent Trae Young. He did note just because he didn't hear anything didn't mean someone else wasn't talking about it, but he said he spent most of the combine networking with execs.

I'm still baffled how we are able to trade Zach without him showing he's healthy. I'm sure AK will try, but he's somewhat delusional that anyone will step-up. Even is we could say, give up our 1st to be rid of him, it seems crazy to me to do that if there is a reasonable chance that Zach's value will go up substantially by just waiting until the deadline.

Return to Chicago Bulls