Image ImageImage Image

Potential Zach Trade Partners? Playoff Edition.

Moderators: HomoSapien, Michael Jackson, kulaz3000, dougthonus, Ice Man, Tommy Udo 6 , DASMACKDOWN, GimmeDat, Payt10, coldfish, RedBulls23, AshyLarrysDiaper, fleet

Muzbar
Starter
And1: 1,451

Re: Potential Zach Trade Partners? Playoff Edition. 

Post#301 » by Muzbar » Wed May 8, 2024 7:20 pm

patryk7754 wrote:I just learned that the 76ers have 3 players under contract once the offseason starts (based on ESPN trade machine). The 76ers could just flip what they got for Harden and just absorb Lavine straight up. The seems to be the most likely situation

The 6ers have much bigger plans than absorbing Zach LaVines contract. I don't expect Philly to show much interest in Zach.
Go Bulls... I guess!? Right!?
jnrjr79
Assistant Coach
And1: 2,498

Post#302 » by jnrjr79 » Wed May 8, 2024 7:30 pm

Muzbar wrote:
patryk7754 wrote:I just learned that the 76ers have 3 players under contract once the offseason starts (based on ESPN trade machine). The 76ers could just flip what they got for Harden and just absorb Lavine straight up. The seems to be the most likely situation

The 6ers have much bigger plans than absorbing Zach LaVines contract. I don't expect Philly to show much interest in Zach.

They're likely to make a run at Paul George, but I don't know what else their "much bigger plans" are. Try to pry Durant from the Suns? It sure seems like based on Ishbia's comments that that is not likely.
Muzbar
Starter

Post#303 » by Muzbar » Wed May 8, 2024 7:38 pm

jnrjr79 wrote:
Muzbar wrote:

They're likely to make a run at Paul George, but I don't know what else their "much bigger plans" are. Try to pry Durant from the Suns? It sure seems like based on Ishbia's comments that that is not likely.

Paul George is a much bigger plan. Filling out the roster with a better supporting players either by trade or via FA is a bigger plan than absorbing 43m of Zachs contract leaving them not much else to fill out the rest of the roster.

There's even talk they could go after Jimmy. Zero talk about them having interest in Zach.
patryk7754
General Manager
And1: 1,124

Post#304 » by patryk7754 » Wed May 8, 2024 7:48 pm

Y’all are grossly underrating lavine at this point. He had a less than average season and a half (based on his standard) on a team that is very poorly assembled. He is one of the top scorers and has shown the ability To be efficient at elite levels. The only reason he hasn’t been traded yet is because only a contender would trade for him but they’d have to completely gut their team for him so it hasn’t made sense to this point. I’m pretty sure there are a handful of teams who will be in a position to give up minimal assets (as for as contracts go) to acquire him. He’s not a number one buts he’s clearly a great piece

Embiid/Maxey/Lacine would be near unstoppable.

Fox Sabonis and lavine would also be elite.

The lakers will surely be major players for him

The mavs would salivate for an opportunity to add him
jnrjr79
Assistant Coach

Post#305 » by jnrjr79 » Wed May 8, 2024 8:03 pm

Muzbar wrote:
jnrjr79 wrote:
Muzbar wrote:The 6ers have much bigger plans than absorbing Zach LaVines contract. I don't expect Philly to show much interest in Zach.

Paul George is a much bigger plan. Filling out the roster with a better supporting players either by trade or via FA is a bigger plan than absorbing 43m of Zachs contract leaving them not much else to fill out the rest of the roster.

There's even talk they could go after Jimmy. Zero talk about them having interest in Zach.

Ok, so no, they do not have "much bigger plans," if that's all you're talking about. George is better than LaVine, to be sure, but he's not some top 10 NBA player.

Butler would be really stupid given his availability issues. Riley said he won't trade him, while simultaneously criticizing the hell out of him, so maybe he actually will be made available. But then you have to agree to a new contract for a 35 year-old guy (as of the start of next season) who coasts through the regular season, all while having to also deal with Embiid's availability issues.

It's not a "bigger" plan in my view, but your suggestion of filling out the roster with better supporting players is, IMO, the way to go, though it would certainly be counter to Morey's history.
sco
RealGM
And1: 7,692

Post#306 » by sco » Wed May 8, 2024 8:57 pm

patryk7754 wrote:Y’all are grossly underrating lavine at this point. He had a less than average season and a half (based on his standard) on a team that is very poorly assembled. He is one of the top scorers and has shown the ability To be efficient at elite levels. The only reason he hasn’t been traded yet is because only a contender would trade for him but they’d have to completely gut their team for him so it hasn’t made sense to this point. I’m pretty sure there are a handful of teams who will be in a position to give up minimal assets (as for as contracts go) to acquire him. He’s not a number one buts he’s clearly a great piece

I think the issue is that Lavine is coming off a bad year (arguably he spent much of that time playing injured) and that he had a season-ending injury and hasn't shown he will come back healthy. To me and many here, it makes a ton more sense to keep him and try to rehabilitate his value, but often when ideas start with "it makes a ton more sense" they fall on deaf ears within the Bulls FO.
:clap:
sco
RealGM

Post#307 » by sco » Wed May 8, 2024 11:35 pm

https://www.si.com/nba/bulls/major-zach-lavine-lakers-trade-idea

In the deal, Los Angeles receives LaVine, and Chicago receives D'Angelo Russell, Gabe Vincent, and Jarred Vanderbilt. While this feels like a steal for the Lakers on the surface, Swartz presented the following logic for Chicago:

"Chicago likely won't be getting any great offers for LaVine given his recent injuries and the three years and $138 million remaining on his contract," Swartz wrote. "Swapping LaVine for three starters/role players who all make under $20 million would give the Bulls far more flexibility moving forward no matter what direction they choose to go in."
League Circles
RealGM
And1: 9,205

Post#308 » by League Circles » Wed May 8, 2024 11:46 pm

I'm really not interested in anything LA will likely offer. Still gotta consider moving forward with Zach. Might be best by far to wait indefinitely and try to make it work with him.
https://august-shop.com/ - sneakers and streetwear
Muzbar
Starter

Post#309 » by Muzbar » Thu May 9, 2024 12:12 am

jnrjr79 wrote:
Muzbar wrote:
jnrjr79 wrote:

Ok, so no, they do not have "much bigger plans," if that's all you're talking about. George is better than LaVine, to be sure, but he's not some top 10 NBA player.

Butler would be really stupid given his availability issues. Riley said he won't trade him, while simultaneously criticizing the hell out of him, so maybe he actually will be made available. But then you have to agree to a new contract for a 35 year-old guy (as of the start of next season) who coasts through the regular season, all while having to also deal with Embiid's availability issues.

It's not a "bigger" plan in my view, but your suggestion of filling out the roster with better supporting players is, IMO, the way to go, though it would certainly be counter to Morey's history.

Paul George in place of Zach LaVine makes this tram much better, PG plays both sides of the ball, is bigger and just a better baller than Zach.

Butler may or not be available, but it's clear the impact he has on a team, plus he already has history with Embiid.

I agree that filling out their roster with higher end rotational players is a better bet, and I still consider it a 'bigger' plan as they've fill out multiple positions with 43m rather than with just 1 player who may not even play 60% of the season himself.
Muzbar
Starter

Post#310 » by Muzbar » Thu May 9, 2024 12:40 am

patryk7754 wrote:Y’all are grossly underrating lavine at this point. He had a less than average season and a half (based on his standard) on a team that is very poorly assembled. He is one of the top scorers and has shown the ability To be efficient at elite levels. The only reason he hasn’t been traded yet is because only a contender would trade for him but they’d have to completely gut their team for him so it hasn’t made sense to this point. I’m pretty sure there are a handful of teams who will be in a position to give up minimal assets (as for as contracts go) to acquire him. He’s not a number one buts he’s clearly a great piece

I'm not certain the 6ers would be unstoppable with 2 guys who may not even play 60 games in a season.

Sacto is a good landing spot for Zach, he'd fit well with their 2 stars. But they'd have to give up 3-4 pieces of their rotation to match his salary.

Lakers are a good spot, too, but again, it's trying to match salaries without gutting their rotation. (D-Lo is likely to opt-out).

A report came out that the Mavs, before the deadline, that said they weren't interested in adding LaVine, so I'd hardly say they're salivating to add him, again they'd have the same problem with gutting their rotation.
Charlesareed
Sixth Man
And1: 754

Post#311 » by Charlesareed » Thu May 9, 2024 2:40 am

sco wrote:https://www.si.com/nba/bulls/major-zach-lavine-lakers-trade-idea

In the deal, Los Angeles receives LaVine, and Chicago receives D'Angelo Russell, Gabe Vincent, and Jarred Vanderbilt. While this feels like a steal for the Lakers on the surface, Swartz presented the following logic for Chicago:

"Chicago likely won't be getting any great offers for LaVine given his recent injuries and the three years and $138 million remaining on his contract," Swartz wrote. "Swapping LaVine for three starters/role players who all make under $20 million would give the Bulls far more flexibility moving forward no matter what direction they choose to go in."

While I’m against trading for dlo this trade is not bad I’d rather have rui then vando tho and maybe a pick or 2
Chicago Raised me
jStuNNa
Head Coach
And1: 550

Post#312 » by jStuNNa » Thu May 9, 2024 4:41 am

Picks... That's all the Bulls should be focused on getting back for Zach. The best package of picks, or a pick, they can get.
Red8911
RealGM
And1: 4,239

Post#313 » by Red8911 » Thu May 9, 2024 4:57 am

This is the type of the deal I thought they would have done all along but Lakers backed out of acquiring Zach long before his surgery.

If the Lakers change their minds they have the players to get it done, just no picks. Russell, Vincent, Vanderbilt wouldn’t be a bad deal at all. All 3 of those players would be a big part of the Bulls rotation.
d boy gentleman
Analyst
And1: 1,322

Post#314 » by d boy gentleman » Fri May 10, 2024 7:49 pm

HomoSapien wrote:Keep an eye on Brandon Ingram. He’s clearly in his way out.

What would the Bulls give up in this scenario?
coldfish wrote:Zach should file a complaint. Some of those non calls were battery complaints.

Stratmaster wrote:Will Perdue says asinine things, and his pants are way too short.

sco wrote: New Orleans has to be one of the, if not THE hardest city to eat healthy. I think they fry the water.
sco
RealGM

Post#315 » by sco » Fri May 10, 2024 8:01 pm

d boy gentleman wrote:

I could see Zach and our 1st, but I'd be happier for no pick or just the POR 1st. Given the salaries, it's hard to add more than just picks and we'd need filler back.
jnrjr79
Assistant Coach

Post#316 » by jnrjr79 » Fri May 10, 2024 9:25 pm

sco wrote:
d boy gentleman wrote:

I could see Zach and our 1st, but I'd be happier for no pick or just the POR 1st. Given the salaries, it's hard to add more than just picks and we'd need filler back.

ESPN trade machine shows it as working without filler, FWIW. I think the rule is you have to be within 15%, and you would just barely be given their respective salaries.
Muzbar
Starter

Post#317 » by Muzbar » Fri May 10, 2024 9:46 pm

jnrjr79 wrote:
sco wrote:
d boy gentleman wrote:

ESPN trade machine shows it as working without filler, FWIW. I think the rule is you have to be within 15%, and you would just barely be given their respective salaries.

NO would be taking on an additional 7m in salary, it would work, but would the Pels be willing to take on an additional 7m for just Zach LaVine? Especially when they already have McCollum on board, I know people say McCollum is their PG, but he's not a PG and is pretty much the same player as Zach.

My main concerns with Ingram is he's just played his second highest amount of games in a season (64) ever, he's not very durable. Ingram is also on an expiring deal so they'd then have to probably extend him, probably to Zach like money (or more), maybe pump his value and trade him at the deadline or lose him for nothing in the following offseason.

I feel like the Bulls would have to give up extra to swap the players also.

I'm definitely in the trade into capspace for draft capital and role players.
coldfish
Forum Mod - Bulls
Forum Mod - Bulls
And1: 35,422

Post#318 » by coldfish » Sat May 11, 2024 2:14 am

So the Bulls get Coby, Ayo, Dlo and Vincent at PG. Oh, Carter and Lonzo too.

I'm sure they would be ecstatic.

The Lakers surely might be interested in Lavine but they have complete trash to trade. They would have to find a 3rd team.
Rose2Boozer
Starter
And1: 661

Post#319 » by Rose2Boozer » Sat May 11, 2024 10:32 am

Muzbar wrote:

I don't think the Sixers would absorb Lavine, but it's highly probable that they'll absorb Caruso. The Sixers have a lot of roster spots to fill, and Maxey gets his max this summer. I don't think they'll have much interest in big money free agents like Lavine or George.

The Hornets are another team who can give the Bulls relief from Lavine's contract next season. AK could send them Lavine for Bertans and Micic. The Hornets would be absorbing twenty million onto their books. It would be crazy if Lavine and Lonzo ended up in Charlotte.
ROLES & HOLES
Mindcrime
Sophomore
And1: 75

Post#320 » by Mindcrime » Sat May 11, 2024 11:14 am

coldfish wrote:

So the Bulls get Coby, Ayo, Dlo and Vincent at PG. Oh, Carter and Lonzo too.

I'm sure they would be ecstatic.

The Lakers surely might be interested in Lavine but they have complete trash to trade. They would have to find a 3rd team.

Sounds like Donovan's wet dream:

PG Ayo, Carter
SG Coby, Vincent
SF D-Lo, Lonzo
PF Pat, Javonte
C Vuc, Drummond

:bowdown:

Continuity at it it's finest.

Return to Chicago Bulls