Image ImageImage Image

2024 NBA Draft - DA BULLS Edition Pick #11

Moderators: HomoSapien, Michael Jackson, kulaz3000, dougthonus, Ice Man, Tommy Udo 6 , DASMACKDOWN, GimmeDat, Payt10, coldfish, RedBulls23, AshyLarrysDiaper, fleet

Jcool0
RealGM
And1: 7,857

Re: 2024 NBA Draft - DA BULLS Edition Pick #11 

Post#341 » by Jcool0 » Mon May 13, 2024 1:28 am

WindyCityBorn wrote:
Jcool0 wrote:
WindyCityBorn wrote:
And still won’t amount to anything important.

Why is that? He can score at all three levels, is a good athlete and good size.

And he still wouldn’t get this team out of the play in. Just more mediocrity. We don’t need role players. We need foundational pieces of which have maybe .5 in Coby White and .25 in Ayo right now and nothing else.

Matas Buzelis isn't going to be available at 11.
Chi town
RealGM
And1: 7,086

Post#342 » by Chi town » Mon May 13, 2024 1:32 am

https://youtu.be/GTBmB9fsovQ?si=wNcMoHArZlwjhQVZ

Think draft will go something like this but Dillingham will go earlier than 10. His floor is 8 to the Spurs.

Also think Reed Shepherd is a lock to the Rockets and they are insanely stacked.

Also think TDS is the Jalen Williams of this draft. He will play day one. His 3 ball will translate and I think he will be better than Jacquez right out of the gate.
2weekswithpay
Starter
And1: 1,449

Post#343 » by 2weekswithpay » Mon May 13, 2024 1:32 am

prolific passer wrote:Been hearing that the level of talent in this draft between 1-14 isn't that much of a difference so guess it doesn't matter where you pick. So they say.

This is incorrect. When people call this draft weak they mean picks 1-5 or 1-8 aren't as good as they were in previous seasons. The rest of the draft is fine.
Chi town
RealGM

Post#344 » by Chi town » Mon May 13, 2024 1:34 am

2weekswithpay wrote:
prolific passer wrote:Been hearing that the level of talent in this draft between 1-14 isn't that much of a difference so guess it doesn't matter where you pick. So they say.

This is incorrect. When people call this draft weak they mean picks 1-5 or 1-8 aren't as good as they were in previous seasons. The rest of the draft is fine.

I think it’s really just top 3. There is no clear top pick or top 3.

The shark GMs will clean up in this draft. The AKs of the world will get their lunch taken.
prolific passer
Assistant Coach
And1: 1,300

Post#345 » by prolific passer » Mon May 13, 2024 1:48 am

Chi town wrote:
2weekswithpay wrote:

The shark GMs will clean up in this draft. The AKs of the world will get their lunch taken.

Ak will just give his lunch away because that's what he does.
Axl Rose
Head Coach
And1: 3,962

Post#346 » by Axl Rose » Mon May 13, 2024 1:53 am

If Pistons say no to 5 for Zach after they were one of the few that showed interest and that need a guard who can shoot then Zach is just going to have to suck it up because he's untradeable.
I don't do the dishes, I throw them in the crib
2weekswithpay
Starter
And1: 1,449

Post#347 » by 2weekswithpay » Mon May 13, 2024 1:57 am

Chi town wrote:
2weekswithpay wrote:

Sarr is pretty much the consensus top pick right now. It's somewhat flexible after that.

I don't know if AK can ruin this pick besides reaching on someone like Salaun.
Chi town
RealGM

Post#348 » by Chi town » Mon May 13, 2024 2:00 am

Axl Rose wrote:If Pistons were really interested in Zach then i see 5 as a possibility. They wont send much else though.

If they say no then Zach is just going to have to suck it up because he's untradeable.

I will be shocked if Zach gets traded for a 1st.

AK wants to win not build a winner. You don’t win with rookies. I think he trades Zach for rotation players on lesser contracts.
Chi town
RealGM

Post#349 » by Chi town » Mon May 13, 2024 2:03 am

2weekswithpay wrote:
Chi town wrote:
2weekswithpay wrote:

Sarr is pretty much the consensus top pick right now. It's somewhat flexible after that.

I don't know if AK can ruin this pick besides reaching on someone like Salaun.

Salaun is the classic redshirt, 2nd year spot mins, and hope for rotation 3rd year. Big project.

I think we will see AK go for the Ayo type pick. Proven stats. Contributed right away. Think it will be shooting too. Knecht if he’s there is the no brainer.
Dan Z
RealGM
And1: 7,304

Post#350 » by Dan Z » Mon May 13, 2024 2:15 am

Muzbar wrote:
Dan Z wrote:
SfBull wrote:Zach must have more trading value than a #5 or #6 in a weak draft.

The problem is salary (who will Charlotte and/or the Pistons give back?) and team interest (do they want Zach?).

Also, selling your fans on Zach after a losing season isn't the best (in part because you'd be trading your lottery pick for him).

Both teams are under the cap (Detroit more than Charlotte) and can absorb Zach into their capspace.

Charlotte only has like 20 odd million in capspace so they could trade Bertans and Nick Richards/Vicic for example and take Zach into their space, but then they'll have no space for FA (not that it's a good free agency).

Detroit on the other hand will have 60-70m in space, they could straight up absorb him or even send out Evan Fournier (19m) so they can retain some of their capspace for free agents. I could see Detroit having a Houston Rockets type offseason, signing vets to try and start building a winning culture.

I imagine both teams won't want to completely absorb Zach's salary and if they offered anything it'll be something a long the lines of what you propose above.

I'd do either of those trades if they're offered, but I have my doubts that Zach has this kind of value.
MrSparkle
RealGM
And1: 10,174

Post#351 » by MrSparkle » Mon May 13, 2024 2:39 am

Nets picks given up since 2012:

Lillard
Brown
Tatum

Now Rockets get their #3. I think Topic may go to them, and if so, they may end up with the best guy in the draft.

Nets are a total cluster**** of a franchise, even when things went tremendously well (against all odds) from 2018-2021.. and they did tremendously well with the Durant trade (maybe their only life line).

Arturas is going for the Prokhorov timeline. Already got his Deron and Crash, gave up his Dame and farm. I really sense there's gonna be a desperation trade this summer. PG13, Kawhi, Ingram hitting the market. 11th pick isn't gonna do much for Billy. Terrible things remain to be seen. Zach, Jevon, #11, 2027 FRP for a 45-game 35yo max-extended Paul George (while also resigning Demar) and then S&T'ing Patrick for peanuts (while he goes and plays better) sounds like a very Arturas Christmas.
Ball4life32
Analyst
And1: 2,505

Post#352 » by Ball4life32 » Mon May 13, 2024 2:50 am

Muzbar wrote:
boozapalooza wrote:Dawning on me that if we lost that play in game to Atlanta, we wouldve had their lotto ball and gotten #1 right? See Red…

Pretty sure it only would have been the case IF the Hawks won both play-in games to make the playoffs.

This could also be wrong.

No you’re correct.
WindyCityBorn
RealGM
And1: 10,814

Post#353 » by WindyCityBorn » Mon May 13, 2024 2:55 am

MrSparkle wrote:Nets picks given up since 2012:

Lillard
Brown
Tatum

Now Rockets get their #3. I think Topic may go to them, and if so, they may end up with the best guy in the draft.

Nets are a total cluster**** of a franchise, even when things went tremendously well (against all odds) from 2018-2021.. and they did tremendously well with the Durant trade (maybe their only life line).

Arturas is going for the Prokhorov timeline. Already got his Deron and Crash, gave up his Dame and farm. I really sense there's gonna be a desperation trade this summer. PG13, Kawhi, Ingram hitting the market. 11th pick isn't gonna do much for Billy. Terrible things remain to be seen. Zach, Jevon, #11, 2027 FRP for a 45-game 35yo max-extended Paul George (while also resigning Demar) and then S&T'ing Patrick for peanuts (while he goes and plays better) sounds like a very Arturas Christmas.

Bulls will be irrelevant for next 5 years plus barring a miracle. We won’t get our pick next Summer either unless we jump up in the lottery after another play-in exit.

AK is the worst executive in Bulls history.

No GM that is serious about trying to compete would choose to continue building a team around a 35 year old DeRozan over a rebuild.
Chi town
RealGM

Post#354 » by Chi town » Mon May 13, 2024 3:12 am

WindyCityBorn wrote:
MrSparkle wrote:Nets picks given up since 2012:

Lillard
Brown
Tatum

Bulls will be irrelevant for next 5 years plus barring a miracle. We won’t get our pick next Summer either unless we jump up in the lottery after another play-in exit.

AK is the worst executive in Bulls history.

No GM that is serious about trying to compete would choose to continue building a team around a 35 year old DeRozan over a rebuild.

Yep. Our only hope is DDR walking and no stars wanting to come here which forces the rebuild.
Chi town
RealGM

Post#355 » by Chi town » Mon May 13, 2024 3:13 am

I think one of Clingan Holland Matas Knecht will fall and that is who AK will pick. Whichever player is still on the board.
Dan Z
RealGM

Post#356 » by Dan Z » Mon May 13, 2024 3:14 am

Chi town wrote:https://youtu.be/GTBmB9fsovQ?si=wNcMoHArZlwjhQVZ

Think draft will go something like this but Dillingham will go earlier than 10. His floor is 8 to the Spurs.

Also think Reed Shepherd is a lock to the Rockets and they are insanely stacked.

Also think TDS is the Jalen Williams of this draft. He will play day one. His 3 ball will translate and I think he will be better than Jacquez right out of the gate.

Who is TDS?
Dan Z
RealGM

Post#357 » by Dan Z » Mon May 13, 2024 3:18 am

Chi town wrote:I think one of Clingan Holland Matas Knecht will fall and that is who AK will pick. Whichever player is still on the board.

I'd be surprised if Cligan got past Memphis (they could use a center), but he might go earlier than that.

Holland, Matas, and Knecht...who knows.
Chi town
RealGM

Post#358 » by Chi town » Mon May 13, 2024 3:23 am

Dan Z wrote:
Chi town wrote:https://youtu.be/GTBmB9fsovQ?si=wNcMoHArZlwjhQVZ

Who is TDS?

Tristan Da Silva
Chi town
RealGM

Post#359 » by Chi town » Mon May 13, 2024 3:24 am

Dan Z wrote:
Chi town wrote:I think one of Clingan Holland Matas Knecht will fall and that is who AK will pick. Whichever player is still on the board.

I'd be surprised if Cligan got past Memphis (they could use a center), but he might go earlier than that.

Holland, Matas, and Knecht...who knows.

Yep. MEM is prob his floor.
Dan Z
RealGM

Post#360 » by Dan Z » Mon May 13, 2024 3:27 am

I don't have ESPN+ so I don't know who they mock for the Bulls at 11.

Read on Twitter

Return to Chicago Bulls