Image ImageImage Image

2024 NBA Draft - DA BULLS Edition

Moderators: HomoSapien, kulaz3000, Michael Jackson, Ice Man, dougthonus, Tommy Udo 6 , DASMACKDOWN, GimmeDat, Payt10, RedBulls23, coldfish, AshyLarrysDiaper, fleet

Muzbar
Starter
And1: 1,439

Re: 2024 NBA Draft - DA BULLS Edition 

Post#101 » by Muzbar » Fri Apr 26, 2024 10:08 pm

Dan Z wrote:I did a quick search and here's what these mock drafts have the Bulls picking in 2024:

EPSN: Isaiah Collier, but they also had the Bulls at #10 so maybe it's an older mock?
The Ringer: Zaccahrie Risacher, also at #10.
NBADraft.net: Stephon Castle
NBADraftRoom: Reed Sheppard
Tankathon: Ron Holland

I don't think Risacher and Sheppard will be there at #11, but it's possible that someone drops. Every team that picks 1-10 could use a good small forward (less so Houston and Washington...but Washington needs BPA).

Detroit, Washington and San Antonio could all use a guard like Sheppard (maybe Houston and Utah too...Utah for taking BPA...Houston for a FVV replacement down the road). Detroit will pick too high to select him.

Yeah it's going to be an interesting draft as there is no clear cut top talent, picking later may be a blessing as someone is likely to fall through the cracks.

There's definitely no consensus out there who should be in the top 3.
Go Bulls... I guess!? Right!?
Dan Z
RealGM
And1: 7,270

Post#102 » by Dan Z » Fri Apr 26, 2024 10:11 pm

Muzbar wrote:
Dan Z wrote:
Charlesareed wrote:The bulls need to draft either a SF or a PF possibly a C

Just draft BPA. The team needs size, but don't draft size just to draft it.

Exactly, don't target position when you're in the situation the Bulls are in. Target talent, doesn't matter if it's another guard.

If the Bulls strike lotto luck and are in a position to draft Nikola Topic, they definitely should do so, doesn't matter if they have Ayo and Coby on the roster.

I agree, but one issue is this draft. I can imagine that some of the older players might turn out better than a few of the younger ones. That means do you take a chance on a player with a higher upside or take someone who might end up having a better career? It's never easy to figure that out, but always going for high upside is why players like Desmond Bane, Jalen Brunson, and Malcolm Brogdon go late in a draft. I should add Ayo Dosumnu to that list too. Then there are players who are taken for potential, such as Cam Reddish or Mo Bamba and they don't do much in the NBA.
2weekswithpay
Starter
And1: 1,381

Post#103 » by 2weekswithpay » Sat Apr 27, 2024 12:36 am

Dan Z wrote:I did a quick search and here's what these mock drafts have the Bulls picking in 2024:

EPSN: Isaiah Collier, but they also had the Bulls at #10 so maybe it's an older mock?

I don't think Risacher and Sheppard will be there at #11, but it's possible that someone drops. Every team that picks 1-10 could use a good small forward (less so Houston and Washington...but Washington needs BPA).

Detroit, Washington and San Antonio could all use a guard like Sheppard (maybe Houston and Utah too...Utah for taking BPA...Houston for a FVV replacement down the road). Detroit will pick too high to select him.

The mocks with the Bulls picking 10th probably did a lottery sim to determine the draft order first.
Muzbar
Starter
And1: 1,439

Post#104 » by Muzbar » Sat Apr 27, 2024 3:43 am

2weekswithpay wrote:

The mocks with the Bulls picking 10th probably did a lottery sim to determine the draft order first.

The Bulls can't move past Atlanta unless they move into the top 4.
Go Bulls... I guess!? Right!?
kodo
RealGM
And1: 13,301

Post#105 » by kodo » Sat Apr 27, 2024 8:50 am

Muzbar wrote:

Yeah it's going to be an interesting draft as there is no clear cut top talent, picking later may be a blessing as someone is likely to fall through the cracks.

There's definitely no consensus out there who should be in the top 3.

Yep, Hali and SGA both went outside the top 10. ~11 is a good spot to be in difficult drafts. Still a random as hell, but we can get lucky. 10-13 has been a great area.
2016: Sabonis
2017: Donovan Mitchell
2018: SGA, Mikal Bridges, Miles Bridges
2019: Tyler Herro
2020: Vassell, Haliburton
2021: nobody of note
2022: Jalen Williams
Almost Retired
Rookie
And1: 602

Post#106 » by Almost Retired » Sat Apr 27, 2024 1:12 pm

The Bulls need to prioritize size. We need a legit PF. Maybe Filipowski. We have more than enough tall guards if Levine comes back. We have enough SFs unless we let DDR move on to a contender. Even if he is gone we have Phillips, Terry, Patrick (unless he moves on), Craig and Bitim. I wish we could replace Vuc but that's not going to happen.
MrSparkle
RealGM
And1: 10,133

Post#107 » by MrSparkle » Sat Apr 27, 2024 2:08 pm

Bulls need to draft a player who can score buckets at a high level. No more “connectors” and outside the box development projects. Pick the guy with the best handle and jumpshot (and IQ).
DuckIII
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 33,738

Post#108 » by DuckIII » Sat Apr 27, 2024 3:21 pm

Dan Z wrote:NBADraft.net: Stephon Castle

:lol: I wish.
Once a pickle, never a cucumber again.
CoreyVillains
Head Coach
And1: 1,806

Post#109 » by CoreyVillains » Sat Apr 27, 2024 4:16 pm

Think he goes in the second and he doesn’t really fit our needs but dude is a menace defensively and I do think the spot up jumper comes around eventually. If he goes undrafted, he’d be a priority UDFA for me.

Chi town
RealGM
And1: 7,047

Post#110 » by Chi town » Sat Apr 27, 2024 5:38 pm

These playoffs are making everything obvious.

3pt Shooting is all that matters.

Draft shooting. Not Dalen Terry’s.
Dan Z
RealGM

Post#111 » by Dan Z » Sat Apr 27, 2024 8:07 pm

MrSparkle wrote:Bulls need to draft a player who can score buckets at a high level. No more “connectors” and outside the box development projects. Pick the guy with the best handle and jumpshot (and IQ).

That sounds like Dalton Knecht.
kodo
RealGM
And1: 13,301

Post#112 » by kodo » Sat Apr 27, 2024 10:49 pm

Chi town wrote:These playoffs are making everything obvious.

Hmmm...

Nuggets are near the bottom in 3P shooting, 9 3s per game at 26%. Imagine when they start hitting them.
Orlando & TWolves are also low 3P teams, 33% and 32%. Low volume too.

If I'm going to write a headline for these playoffs, it's "Big Is Back."
Chi town
RealGM
And1: 7,047

Post#113 » by Chi town » Sat Apr 27, 2024 11:37 pm

Dan Z wrote:
MrSparkle wrote:Bulls need to draft a player who can score buckets at a high level. No more “connectors” and outside the box development projects. Pick the guy with the best handle and jumpshot (and IQ).

Shannon too. He has more shot creating ability
Dan Z
RealGM

Post#114 » by Dan Z » Sat Apr 27, 2024 11:42 pm

Chi town wrote:
Dan Z wrote:

Will his trial be over before the draft? I have my doubts that ownership would pick him due to the off court stuff.
Jcool0
RealGM
And1: 7,811

Post#115 » by Jcool0 » Sun Apr 28, 2024 2:29 am

Chi town wrote:
Dan Z wrote:

A worse player then Knecht.
ThisGuyFawkes
Analyst
And1: 1,625
Location: Where the sugar cane grows taller than the God we once believed in

Post#116 » by ThisGuyFawkes » Sun Apr 28, 2024 2:55 am

CoreyVillains wrote:Think he goes in the second and he doesn’t really fit our needs but dude is a menace defensively and I do think the spot up jumper comes around eventually. If he goes undrafted, he’d be a priority UDFA for me.

I would love to add Shead. The best player for one of the best teams in the country. He just does a bit of everything well.
Dan Z
RealGM

Post#117 » by Dan Z » Sun Apr 28, 2024 7:33 am

kodo wrote:

Hmmm...

Nuggets are near the bottom in 3P shooting, 9 3s per game at 26%. Imagine when they start hitting them.

Good thing the Bulls have Vucevic. haha.
Andi Obst
General Manager
And1: 6,558

Post#118 » by Andi Obst » Sun Apr 28, 2024 7:54 am

kodo wrote:

Hmmm...

Exactly. We're seeing the most physical basketball we've seen in years and "shooting is all that matters"? Are we watching the same games?

Shooting is extremely important, of course. You can't just ignore it like the Bulls have in recent years. But there are so many other important keys to playoff success.
...formerly known as Little Nathan.

jc23 wrote:the fate of humanity rides on Chicago winning this game.
Andi Obst
General Manager
And1: 6,558

Post#119 » by Andi Obst » Sun Apr 28, 2024 9:45 am

I'd usually never consider taking a prospect like Edey in the lottery, but in this class I might. So many bigs, so many small guards and really almost no potential on-ball creators in this class. Almost nobody who really stands out to me. Might as well see how it works out with a giant center with good feel for the game. I also don't get how some people rank Holland outside of the top 10. In this class, he's top 5 based on upside alone IMO.

So far, my hope would be that Cody Williams somehow falls to the Bulls, which is kind of funny considering I loved his brother in the 2022 draft and really hoped he would fall to the Bulls. But I'm still early in my "scouting" process.
...formerly known as Little Nathan.

jc23 wrote:the fate of humanity rides on Chicago winning this game.
Jcool0
RealGM
And1: 7,811

Post#120 » by Jcool0 » Sun Apr 28, 2024 1:27 pm

Andi Obst wrote:I'd usually never consider taking a prospect like Edey in the lottery, but in this class I might. So many bigs, so many small guards and really almost no potential on-ball creators in this class. Almost nobody who really stands out to me. Might as well see how it works out with a giant center with good feel for the game. I also don't get how some people rank Holland outside of the top 10. In this class, he's top 5 based on upside alone IMO.

So far, my hope would be that Cody Williams somehow falls to the Bulls, which is kind of funny considering I loved his brother in the 2022 draft and really hoped he would fall to the Bulls. But I'm still early in my "scouting" process.

Most have Williams in the 10ish range so he wouldn't really have to fall to be around for the Bulls to take him.

Return to Chicago Bulls